Since 1993 Barcelona Women International Film Festival has as its objective the promotion of cinema directed by women, making women's audiovisual culture visible thus proving the importance of women's contribution to the development in audiovisual creation.
It's a non competitive festival.
1) Films must have been directed or co-directed by women. We accept medium length films (30-70 mins) and feature films (>70 mins).
2) Films must not have been theatrically released in Spain.
3) Submitting the film is considering as a participation commitment and the filmmaker must send next materials:
Complete principal cast and production credits listings
Biography and filmography of the director
4) SELECTED FILMS
If the film is invited to participate, the following material must be sent:
Film and director’s stills (300 dpi JPEG image)
Dialogue lists in original or English languages.
Short cuts from the film for TV promotion (mp4 or mov).
Trailer (mp4 or mov).
Other promotional material (posters, postcard, etc.).
5) Screening copy (16mm, 35mm, Bluray and DCP) must be available and ready for shipment from April 30, 2019.
6) SUBTITLING OF SELECTED FILMS
For foreign selected films, Catalan or Spanish subtitled prints are preferred, if it cannot be provided, the festival will cover the subtitling costs. Foreign language films must be available with original language or English language dialogue lists.
7) SHIPPING (ACCEPTED FILMS)
The festival will cover shipping and insurance expenses of selected films only. In case of loss or damage, during and at the place of the event, the festival will be only responsible for the replacement value of the print (stated in a form). Only prints in proper conditions and perfectly fit for screening will be accepted.
8) PARTICIPATION COMMITMENT AND TV PROMO BROADCASTING
The rights owner of accepted film authorises the free reproduction of stills and inserts (max.3 minutes) of the film for festival publications, press and television broadcasts.
The festival will promote, if possible, selected films among producers, distributors and TV programmers.
The festival will keep a digital copy fo the film as archive material.
If a film is invited to participate, Barcelona international women’s film festival commits not to screen each film more than three times as allowed by international regulations.
10) The participation in the festival implies the acceptance of the above regulations.