MANIFF SCREENPLAY COMPETITION 2021
The MANIFF Screenplay Competition is committed to help upcoming and undiscovered writers. The festival encourages all stories from around the globe. The competition offers in depth feedback from industry professionals to all of its winners. Now in its 6th edition, the Manchester Film Festival has developed a reputation of being one of the most communicative organisations to both filmmakers and writers alike and will continue to work hard in maintaining this great ethos. All of our chosen professional judges read the scripts with an individual approach with the shared opinion of craft, originality and potential being the driving thought when assessing each submitted screenplay. As a festival as a whole we always aim to support independent fresh writers and platform excellent new content with both integrity and passion.
We're also working with https://www.scriptupstudio.com/ to offer great prozes and feedback on selected screenplays.
THE WINNING SCRIPT WILL RECEIVE:
• World class notes and objective analysis given by four leading industry experts.
• Introduction of your script to international literary agents.
• Introduction of your script to an established ex producer of independent film.
• Introduction to an established director of independent film.
• MANIFF Laurels and exclusive award.
1. Scripts submitted to the competition must NOT have been previously optioned, purchased or produced at the time of entry.
2. Submissions must be in English.
3. To enter the Manchester Film Festival Screenplay Competition, you must agree to its Terms and Conditions.
4. The Manchester Film Festival Screenplay Competition readers’ decisions are final.
5. Manchester Film Festival is not responsible for screenplays or coverage stolen or lost in transit.