Big Apple Film Festival takes place in the heart of the greatest city in the world. BAFF, named one of MovieMaker Magazine's top "25 Film Festivals Worth The Entry Fee", top "25 Coolest Film Festivals", and CBS New York's "5 Best Events in New York", is dedicated to showcasing, highlighting and promoting the highest quality films from the New York City independent film community, as well as additional specially selected films from across the country and around the world. Our goal is to celebrate the great city of New York through the exhibition of innovative and purposeful filmmaking. The festival offers a variety of film screenings and special New York City premieres.
ALUMNI FILMS include Academy Award and Golden Globe nominees, SAG Award winners and nominees, as well as films released by HBO, Showtime, IFC, Netflix, Amazon, Itunes and More...
PREVIOUS HONORARY GUESTS AND AWARD RECIPIENTS
Jesse Eisenberg, Cuba Gooding Jr., Morgan Spurlock, Alan Cumming, Jackie Martling (The Howard Stern Show), Jerry Stiller, Karen Allen, Olympia Dukakis, Kevin Corrigan, Katherine Waterston, Ernie Hudson, Mario Cantone, Elias Koteas, Zoe Lister Jones
BIG APPLE FILM FESTIVAL HAS BEEN FEATURED IN:
The New York Times
MovieMaker Magazine (Top 25 Coolest Film Festivals and Top 25 Festivals Worth The Entry Fee)
CBS News (Top 5 Eating and Drinking Events in New York)
The Hollywood Reporter
Best Feature Film
Best Short Film
NYC Cityscape Award
Best Feature Documentary
Best Short Documentary
Best Web Series
Best Student Film
Best Music Video
Golden Apple Award
Emerging Talent Award
Television/Web Series Pilot Scripts
Winners and finalists of the feature length, short screenplay and TV/web series pilot script competition receive the opportunity to pitch their script to production companies, agents and other industry representatives through Virtual PitchFest, including NBC Universal, Warner Bros., UTA, The Gersh Agency, and many more.
Feature length screenplay winners and finalists will also receive an InkTip Script Listing to promote themselves and their scripts to InkTip’s entire network of producers, managers, and agents.
Companies who are InkTip members include: ABC, Anonymous Content, APA, CBS Films, HBO Films, ICM, Paradigm, Paramount Pictures, Hallmark Channel, FX, Universal, WME, Echo Lake, Zero Gravity, Bad Robot, 20th Century Fox, and many more.
Producers have made more than 350 films from scripts and writers found through InkTip.
BIG APPLE FILM FESTIVAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Big Apple Film Festival accepts submissions for feature films, short films, feature documentaries, short documentaries, animation, web series, music videos, student films, feature length screenplays, short screenplays, scripts for television/web series pilots and virtual reality.
2. All films submitted must have been completed on or after January 1, 2018.
3. All films must be submitted with an online screener
4. All feature narrative and feature documentary submissions must be over 60 minutes in length.
5. All short film narrative and short documentary submissions must be under 60 minutes in length.
6. Animation, web series, and student film submissions of all lengths will be considered.
7. Music Videos must be under 10 minutes
8. 360 Virtual Reality films of all genres and content will be considered. VR entries do not have any time restriction requirements. At the time of exhibition, selected VR projects must available for viewing with a VR headset. VR creators selected for the festival are responsible for exhibition setup, as well as providing all necessary equipment including, but not limited to: Computer, VR headset, headphones, VR Controllers (if required), charging station, required software, etc.
9. ALL SUBMISSION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
SCREENPLAY COMPETITION RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR FEATURE LENGTH SCREENPLAYS, SHORT SCRIPTS AND TV/WEB SERIES PILOT SCRIPTS:
1. Big Apple Film Festival Screenplay Competition accepts feature length screenplays, short scripts and TV/web series pilot scripts. Feature length scripts must be a minimum of 60 pages and no longer than 150 pages. Short script submissions and TV/web series pilot scripts must under 60 pages.
2. Submitted screenplays can not have been optioned, purchased, or otherwise produced at the time of submission.
3. Writers can submit as many screenplays as they’d like to the competition, however each script requires a separate application and payment.
4.All entries must be submitted in English.
5.Submissions must include the title, author(s) and any relevant registration or copyright information.
6. Screenplays must be submitted in PDF or MS WORD.
7.All screenplays are considered complete once they are received by the Big Apple Film Festival. No revisions or updated copies will be accepted.
8. Submission fees are non-refundable.