ALL TECHNICAL AND PERFORMANCE CATEGORIES FOR FREE BY SUBMITTING YOUR FILM IN ANY COMPETITION.🎬
OUR LAST LIVE EVENT TOOK PLACE AT LA CASA DEL CINEMA IN VENEZIA ON JUNE 4TH 2022. CHECK OUR PHOTOS ABOVE!!. ( Online events will be screened quarterly ).✨
VENEZIA SHORTS is an exclusive short film competition with public screenings, IMDb qualifying , and a total of USD 4000 in cash prizes awards along the year.🏆
We are happy to welcome filmmakers from all over the world and short films of all genres.😀
Our main goal is to showcase their brilliant projects in the beautiful city of Venezia for a diverse audience of cinephiles. 🎞
Some of our recent winners include a new wave of amazing uprising directors as Andoni Betbeder, Ivan Maria Friedman, Sylvain Begert, Nicolaj Kopernikus, Jesse Boyle, Asta Wellejus, Teddy Kristiansen, Marios Papageorgiou, Gilles Bovon, Eléna Weiß and so many more! These new talented Italian directors: Letizia Borficchia, Andrea Walts, Francesco Massimiliano Gozzo, Frank Dell'Oro. And Student Academy Awards Winners: Pilar Garcia-Fernandezsesma from USA, Pascal Schelbli from Germany, Maren Klakegg from Norway, Percival Argüero Mendoza from Mexico and German Golub from Estonia.
We will hold an Annual Live Event at the city of Venezia.
We will promote, feature and screen all the Official Selection Short Films, enhancing the opportunity for networking with directors, cast, crew and people from the industry.
Furthermore, each quarter, the festival will select a number of films as semifinalists.
All semifinalist projects will be invited to our Virtual Screening Event, where they will be awarded semifinalist laurels.
Each quarter, after the online event , we will choose the Best film of the Online Event which will receive a USD 1000 cash prize and will be screened at the Live Event in the city of Venezia with a great selection of films .
It is a world-class event committed to present the best of this beautiful art called ‘Cinema’ and dedicated to all generations of filmmakers. A team of professional screeners will evaluate all the submitted short films. All the highest scored films will be selected for the official competition and will be reviewed by at least three judges who will decide WINNERS.
All the Winners will receive the Official Laurels and the winning-category achievement certificate. Jury will choose from the Official Selection a film that will receive the JURY'S DISTINCTION AWARD with a cash prize of USD 1000.🏆
All OFFICIAL SELECTION films will be screened at our public Live Event.📽
To keep the Awards fair and transparent, we invite independent judges from all around the world who enjoy the experience and assess each category.
Each short film will be reviewed at least for three judges after the film is scored by our screening team. Our judges team includes artists from the United States, Canada, Austria, Spain, Argentina and Sweden.
You can submit your film in any of the Main Competitions and automatically your film will be considered for all Technical & Performances Categories with no extra cost. You don't need to pay any additional category fee.
Our event will hold 10 COMPETITIONS by movie genre.
We proudly announce our MAIN COMPETITIONS:
* NARRATIVE SHORTS COMPETITION
* FOREIGN SHORTS COMPETITION
* DOCUMENTARY SHORTS COMPETITION
* ANIMATION SHORTS COMPETITION
* NEWFILMMAKERS SHORTS COMPETITION
* EXPERIMENTAL SHORTS COMPETITION
* STUDENT SHORTS COMPETITION
* HORROR SHORTS COMPETITION
* MUSIC VIDEOS COMPETITION
* COMEDY SHORTS COMPETITION
TECHNICAL AND PERFORMANCE CATEGORIES
These categories are all complimentary.
When you enter a MAIN COMPETITION, your film is automatically considered in all Technical and Performance Categories. Simply check all of the free categories you want to be considered and enter the names of the artists in the Custom Form.
Best Female Director
Best Male Director
Best Female Student Director
Best Male Student Director
Best Acting Ensemble
Best Production Design
Best Sound Design
Best Original Score
RULES AND TERMS
* In order to submit a film, you must own the rights or have permission from the owner.
* The VENEZIA SHORTS relationship will exclusively be related to the film submitter.
Any Foreign film that is not in English must have English subtitles.
* All fees are non-refundable.
* VENEZIA SHORTS will not be responsible for damaged copies.
* A downloadable high definition link (.mov or .mp4) of the film is required in case the movie is selected to be screened.
* Students must present a valid Student ID in order to receive our student discount.
* Not all the submissions are selected for the official competition. Our Judges are free to make their own choices and no feedback will be given about not selected films.
* VENEZIA SHORTS can consider any film to be disqualified if the festival considers the content inappropriate. If you have any question regarding this decision you might contact us at our email address
* A fee is required for all the Main Competitions. For payment structure visit FilmFreeway website
* All Technical & Performances Categories are free of charge and are included by submitting your film in any Main Competition. For payment structure visit FilmFreeway website
* The applicants (submitters) must accept VENEZIA SHORTS Rules and Terms.
* Filmmakers are requested to add the name of the person and the category. When you submit your movie in a Main Competition, you can choose your film to be considered in any Technical & Performance Categories you want. Please tick all free categories you want to be considered and add the names of the artists in the Custom Form.
* By submitting your movie, you authorize VENEZIA SHORTS to use, distribute and share the film poster, trailer, synopsis and movie stills in our social media.
* Maximum length allowed is 40 minutes.
* We do not require premiere status.