Now in its eighth year, the Northeast Film Festival showcases top independent films from filmmakers, as well as new talent. The diverse array of films, selected by a committee, includes features and shorts from all genres, as well as documentaries and screenplays. The festival is hosted in Teaneck New Jersey at the historic Teaneck Cinemas; with planned parties to kick off the festival in style and spirit. In addition, we offer an atmosphere for the film enthusiast to interact with filmmakers as well as filmmakers being able to interact and network with each other and industry professionals.
The festival includes after parties, to offer opportunities for interacting and networking with other filmmakers, actors, and film festival goers. In past years, Harry Lennix, Lloyd Kaufman, Danny Roebuck, Vinnie Pastore, David Harris, Robert Clohessy, Brian O'Halloran, Fatima Ptacek, Gianni Russo, Duane Whitaker, producers from NBC, among many others attended the festival's after parties (and festival).
All winners receive a trophy presented during our awards gala. The previous year's gala awards ceremonies have been hosted by Mary Dimino (SNL).
NORTHEAST FILM FESTIVAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Northeast Film Festival competition categories are open to the United States and International entries.
2. All entries must submit preview screeners on DVD (NTSC) or Blu-Ray or via online through FilmFreeway. Any other method must receive prior approval from the festival.
3. Foreign language entries must have English language subtitles.
4. Entries must have been completed in the past 3 years.
5. Applicants may submit as many entries as they wish, as long as each entry has a separate entry form and fee.
6. Entries must include contact information, submission tracking #, and both an email address and phone number if possible, on all DVD and Blu-Ray submissions.
7. For DVD and Blu-Ray submissions, please submit in sturdy containers and/or bubble wrap to avoid damage. No fiber filled envelopes. DVD and Blu-Ray submissions will not be returned to the submitters.
8. Northeast Film Festival has the right to screen any film or projects submitted to the Northeast Film Festival without paying screening fees.
9. In order to receive an award trophy, the project's producer or director must be present, unless a physical festival is not held.
10. If officially selected, it is the responsibility of the submitter to send the festival their film in DVD or Blu-Ray format.
11. Screening copies will not be returned to the submitter, unless a pre-paid return mailer is included.
12. All decisions made by the festival are final and at their discretion.
Payments can be made through FilmFreeway by credit card, or by check or money order. If payment is not made by credit card through FilmFreeway, the submission must also include a check or money order of the appropriate funds made out to: Northeast Film Festival or NEFF. Send all materials to: Northeast Film Festival, PO Box 2026. Teaneck, NJ 07666. Submission fees are non-refundable.