BlueCat is now accepting submissions for our 2023 Competition!
For 25 years, BlueCat has sought to discover and develop the storyteller.
When you submit to BlueCat, you’re guaranteed a complete read of your script, as we provide a written analysis of your submission at no extra fee.
Our Winners and Finalists often find valuable connections within the industry, which help them begin professional careers.
In addition, our cash awards total $18,500!
Please send your feature screenplay, tv pilot and short film script when you’re ready—-we look forward to reading your work!
- Every script submission will receive written analysis at no extra charge.
- The Grand Prize Winner will receive $7,500. All scripts submitted (features, tv pilots and shorts) are eligible.
- The Feature Screenplay Winner will receive $3,000.
- The TV Pilot Winner will receive $3,000.
- The Short Script Winner will receive $3,000.
- The Fellini Award will be awarded to the Best Screenplay from any category (features, tv pilots or shorts) by a writer residing outside the USA and will receive $2000.
- All submissions must be original, and the sole property of the applicant(s).
- All ages are eligible.
- Feature screenplays must be between 65-125 pages.
- Pilot scripts must be between 20-75 pages.
-Short screenplays must be between 1-29 pages.
- There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit.
- Scripts, including outlines, treatments, pitches, log lines or any developmental material related to the script, that has previously won any contest, competition, grant, lab, fellowship, mentorship, reading or award of any kind, are not eligible.
- Screenplays that have been submitted to any competition or contest prior to December 13th, 2019 are not eligible.
For a complete list of our Rules & Guidelines please visit our website: