The BlueCat Screenplay Competition, now in its 24th year, is accepting submissions for its 2022 competition!
Founded by screenwriter and filmmaker Gordy Hoffman (LOVE LIZA), the BlueCat Screenplay Competition has been discovering and developing up-and-coming writers since 1998.
BlueCat remains committed to the undiscovered writer and will continue its tradition of providing written analysis on every script submitted!
- Every script submission will receive a complimentary written analysis.
- The Grand Prize Winner will receive $5,000. All scripts submitted (Features, Pilots and Shorts) are eligible.
- The Feature Screenplay Winner will receive $2,000.
- The Pilot Winner will receive $2,000.
- The Short Script Winner will receive $2,000.
- The Fellini Award will be awarded to the Best Screenplay from any category (Feature, Pilots or Short) of the 2022 Competition written by a screenwriter residing outside the USA and will receive $1000.
- All submissions must be original, and the sole property of the applicant(s).
- All ages are eligible.
- Feature screenplays must be between 65-125 pages.
- Pilot scripts must be between 20-75 pages.
-Short screenplays must be between 1-29 pages.
- There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit.
- Scripts, including outlines, treatments, pitches, log lines or any developmental material related to the script, that has previously won any contest, competition, grant, lab, fellowship, mentorship, reading or award of any kind, are not eligible.
- Screenplays that have been submitted to any competition or contest prior to December 13th, 2018 are not eligible.
For a complete list of our Rules & Guidelines please visit our website: