The BlueCat Screenplay Competition, now in its 22nd year, is accepting submissions for its 2020 competition!
Founded by screenwriter and filmmaker Gordy Hoffman (LOVE LIZA), the BlueCat Screenplay Competition has been discovering and developing up-and-coming writers since 1998.
BlueCat remains committed to the undiscovered writer and will continue its tradition of providing written analysis on every script submitted!
- Every script submission will receive a written analysis as a part of their entry fee.
- The Grand Prize Winner will receive $10,000. All scripts submitted (Features, Pilots and Shorts) are eligible.
- The Feature Screenplay Winner will receive $5,000. Four Feature Finalists will receive $1,000 each.
- The Pilot Winner will receive $5,000. Four Pilot Finalists will receive $1000 each.
- The Short Script Winner will receive $5,000. Four Shorts Finalists will receive $1000 each.
- The Fellini Award will be awarded to the Best Screenplay from any category (Feature, Pilots or Short) of the 2020 Competition written by a screenwriter residing outside the USA and will receive $2500.
- The 3 Title Contest Winners will receive $250 each.
- All submissions must be original, and the sole property of the applicant(s).
- All ages are eligible.
- Scripts must be written in English.
- Feature screenplays must be between 65-125 pages.
- Pilot scripts must be between 20-75 pages.
-Short screenplays must be between 1-29 pages.
- There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit.
- Previous winners of the BlueCat Screenplay Competition are not eligible.
- Scripts, including outlines, treatments, pitches, log lines or any developmental material related to the script, that has previously won any contest, competition, grant, lab, fellowship, mentorship, reading or award of any kind, are not eligible.
- Screenplays that have been submitted to any competition or contest prior to November 15th, 2015 are not eligible.
For a complete list of our Rules & Guidelines please visit our website: