We are excited to announce a call for entries for the WildDogs International Screendance Festival.
W&M Dance Projects proudly presents WildDogs, a hybrid festival of international screendance works, presented virtually (online) and at a drive-in near you in September 2020. We invite dance, movement, image, and video artists to submit their dance films until August 21th, 2020. WildDogs calls upon artists of all levels, ages, and genres to apply and encourages the representation of all movement forms from across the globe. WildDogs pays screening fees to all selected filmmakers, with individual awards in each category.
WildDogs is committed to dance on film as an independent art form. Screendance expands the possibilities of movement expression through a collaboration between two niche artistic mediums. WildDogs builds an audience for new and established screendance artists and encourages dialogue within the international Screendance community.
WildDogs’ Artistic/Executive Directors are Melissa Monteros and Wojciech Mochniej, W&M’s original co-founders and dance-filmmakers themselves. Artistic Associates in this endeavor are emerging artists Zoe Abrigo and Tessa Leier.
The Festival will be presenting a special drive-in screening of WildDogs at select locations in Calgary (CAN), Saskatoon (CAN), Honolulu (USA), Lublin, Poland (Nights of Culture) and Warsaw, Poland. This 1st WildDogs International Screendance Festival is an initiative of W&M Dance Projects of Calgary.
All applicants must apply on www.filmfreeway.com/wilddogs by August 21, 2020.
Selected applicants will receive a screening fee from WildDogs. The awarded film in each category will receive CAD $200.00 and honorable mentions will receive CAD $50.00.
Exceptions to rules 1-3 should enter the "Special Submissions" category.
1. Submitted films must be between 5 to 15 minutes in length and must be a dance-based film of any style.
2. Films must have a production date of 2018 or later for consideration.
3. Films with open access on the internet are not eligible for consideration.
4. WildDogs only accepts submissions through Vimeo, YouTube or an online link that is NOT visible to the public. A secure password protected link may be used.
5. Applicants must include a written synopsis/narrative of the film, biography of the artist(s) or company, an artistic statement, and provide WildDogs with press materials (images, trailers, bio, etc.) as stated in the release section. All images must include a credit, due to copyrights we will not be able to use your images without a credit.
6. Applicants must specify the category they are applying to: student, emerging, or professional artist. Student applicants must submit a valid student ID or proof of enrollment at the time the film was made with their submission.
7. For live screening, the applicant must provide a HD digital file, which is a minimum of 1920x1080.
8. Applicants must adhere to the release statement and ensure all copyright and all other legal rights are obtained as well as clearance from any and all actual or potential Third Party Claims
9. Once submitted, a film cannot be withdrawn and the application fee may not be refunded.