The Beverly Hills Shorts Festival has continued to program amazing short films from around the world. We don't care about budget or celebrity, we only want great films.
It's hard to believe we're going into our 11th year. The Beverly Hills Shorts Festival's mission has been to screen incredible short films for Beverly Hills and the entire Los Angeles audiences. This year, we're going beyond that mission!
With over 12,000 short films being made each year and an ever increasing appetite for creative content, we feel there is a strong need to exhibit, display, promote and help distribute the worlds best. And what better environment to display the best than in Beverly Hills, home to some of the worlds most influential people.
Now in its 11th year, the Beverly Hills Shorts Festival has become the Los Angeles Metro area's 2nd largest shorts festival. We are proud that every selection screened at the festival comes from actual submissions. NO FILMS are invited to the festival! And unlike the majority of the festivals who program through a "who you know" method, our programmers are completely impartial. Each film will be watched by anywhere
from 2 - 5 programmers. If you want to give your film the best chance at screening at a festival... the best chance to go on and win an award (we give out between 15-20 awards), then SUBMIT to the Beverly Hills Shorts Festival.
We are also GOING GREEN! We are no longer accepting dvd submissions... all submissions need to provide us with some form of online screener. This is green... green in that it saves you green (money) from having to create and ship us your film... and green because it does help the environment. FilmFreeway offers you the perfect method to submit your screeners through.
The Beverly Hills Shorts Festival likes to give out awards!
Best Short (Jury)
Best Short (Jury) in each category (Drama, Comedy, Dramedy, Horror, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, animated, documentary, etc.)
Yes, we love to give awards!
Official Regulations for the
2018 Beverly Hills Short Festival
1. Entries that have screened on US television prior to the
Festival will not be eligible for a Festival screening.
2. Productions produced after January 2012 are eligible.
3. WE ARE GOING GREEN! In order to do our part in protecting the environment, we are only accepting online screeners. There are a variety of ways to submit your screener to us (YouTube, Vimeo, or through one of the online submission services). This will SAVE YOU MONEY!
2. Only completed entries (payment and screener
submitted) will be processed and considered for
4. Entries must be submitted prior to each deadline. VISIT
THE SUBMIT SECTION TO SEE HOW TO SUBMIT
YOUR FILM AT A DISCOUNT!
5. Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
6. Entrant will allow usage of clips from the entry and all related publicity material submitted for promotional use on television, radio, in print, web and at live Festival events.
7. All entries must be either in English or contain English subtitles. Non-English entries submitted without subtitles or with supplementary printed translations will be
8. We will look at works in progress.
9.NO Fee Waivers will be offered.
10. All Decisions by judges, programmers, and organizers will be final and NO REFUND of the entry fee will be permitted.