The OIFF was founded in 1993 by filmmakers looking for venues for independent work, particularly independent work from filmmakers who are not YET commercially successful.
Originally called the Off-Hollywood Flick Fest, the event gained followers by offering audiences truly independent films they wouldn't ordinarily see: films that have not been picked up for theatrical distribution. The OIFF is dedicated to freedom of expression through independent media. The OIFF is programmed 100% from submissions.
In 2017, the second annual OIFF "One Night Only" event in which only the top features of any genre and top short films (also of any genre) will be shown at a one night event, held on Friday, November 3.
Rules & Terms
1. All genres of films less than 120 minutes TRT are accepted; however, films must not have theatrical distribution at the time of submission.
2. All submissions are electronic but filmmaker may be required to send DVD or Blu-Ray (label with the title, running time and FilmFreeway submission number) upon acceptence. Cost of shipping must be paid by the entrant. Final cut versions of all films (either DVD or electronic) will be required if not the submission copy/version.
3. All screening media, press kits, publicity info, photos, etc. will be retained as part of Independent Pictures library. Filmmakers are encouraged to send press/media kits as well as to share the information on social media once accepted for the final event.
4. All filmmakers will be notified of acceptance status by October 1, 2017 (approx.- TBA).
5. Upon 7 day advance request, filmmakers selected for the 2017 OIFF One Night Only event will receive ONE non-transferable Courtesy Pass to the event.
*press kit, publicity info, news articles (if available)
**SORRY - NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN!! **