Imagine This Women's International Film Festival (ITWIFF) is dedicated to empowering and showcasing the remarkable talent of independent and emerging women and non-binary filmmakers worldwide. Our core mission is to create a dynamic platform that amplifies their voices and celebrates their creative expressions.
Prepare to be captivated by the 9th Edition of the Imagine This Women's Film Festival, where you'll be treated to an extraordinary lineup of fierce, daring, and original films crafted by exceptionally talented women and non-binary filmmakers and storytellers. This event promises not only a feast for your cinematic senses but also engaging Q&A sessions, enlightening educational panels, and thrilling special events, making it an exuberant celebration of creativity and empowerment.
The primary goal of the Imagine This Women's Film Festival is to champion women by sharing their work with the public, advocating for equal opportunities for BIPOC women and the LGBTQIA+ community, offering avenues for educational and professional development, and serving as an invaluable resource and information network.
ITWIFF enthusiastically invites submissions from women and non-binary filmmakers and storytellers who hold pivotal leadership positions. To be eligible for consideration, at least one woman must occupy key roles such as director, producer, screenwriter, cinematographer, editor, or lead actor, among others.
Furthermore, ITWIFF embraces and actively encourages submissions from BIPOC women, LGBTQIA+ individuals, student filmmakers, and storytellers from diverse backgrounds. Our festival is committed to celebrating a wide spectrum of voices and perspectives, with the aim of showcasing the richness of talent from all walks of life. Join us in this exciting cinematic journey of empowerment and diversity at ITWIFF.
"Imagine This Productions has launched the Women’s International Film Festival with the aim to celebrate and empower independent and aspiring women filmmakers from around the world." - IndieWire
"Celebrate the work of women filmmakers from around the world at the second annual Imagine This Women’s International Film Festival (ITWIFF) in Brooklyn" - AFAR Magazine
"When it comes to film screenings and industry events, there's plenty to get you off the couch this week. From a lesson in copyright licenses to a women's international film festival, read on for the week's top film events to add to your calendar. " - ABC 7
"Recent Hollywood scandals have underscored the importance of supporting women in the film industry, and the second annual Imagine This Women’s International Film Festival is a great place to do so. The films here–which include shorts and features, documentaries and fiction films–are as diverse as the women who made them." - CBS New York
SAMPLE PRIZES FROM PREVIOUS YEARS
*Including $400 for Best Feature Film and Best Documentary Film; $250 for Best Short Film and Best Documentary Short Film; and $150 for Best Screenplay.
*Final Draft Software (Valued $250)
*FL Studio ( Valued $200 - $800 )
*Red Giant ( Valued $599 - $899)
*CyberLink PhotoDirector 365 ( Valued $38)
*12-month ISAConnect membership for screenplay winner ( Valued $120)
*6-month ISAConnect membership for screenplay finalists ( Valued $60)
**The International Screenwriters' Association ISAConnect Membership is the industry's ultimate network for collaboration with Industry Pros. No other membership gives you more features and capabilities than ISAConnect. The place to showcase your talent and get in front of the eyes that matter. Benefits include access to paid Writing Gigs, inclusion in the Writer’s Showcase, featured Success Stories, discounts on all resources...and that's just the beginning.
*Best Feature Film
*Best Documentary Feature
*Best Short Film
*Best Documentary Short
*Bests International Feature
*Best International Short
Best Animated Short
Best Web Series - TV Pilot
Best Music Video
*Best Emerging Storyteller
*Best Student Storyteller
Best NY Film
Audience Award Best NY Filmmaker
**PLEASE ONLY SUBMIT TO ONE CATEGORY, THERE IS NO NEED TO SUBMIT TO MORE THAN ONE**
Please read this agreement carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film, you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of this agreement.
1. Screening Fees: Imagine This Women’s Film Festival is a non-profit organization and DOES NOT PAY SCREENING FEES FOR UNSOLICITED FILMS.*
2. Submission Details: Filmmakers need to provide accurate information about their film, including a brief synopsis, credits, production stills, promotional items, and any additional required materials. Please review to ensure all the information submitted is correct.
3. Promotional Materials: If available, please provide stills from the film, press materials, headshots, and filmography of the director, as well as black & white and/or color video trailer links from Vimeo and YouTube, and social media handles to help promote your selection. Please submit them with your application.
4. Copyright and Rights Clearance: Films must be free from any legal disputes, and the filmmaker should have obtained all necessary rights for music and exhibition.
5. Films that are publicly available online (free to screen) may be considered for exhibition during the Festival. Online private screenings through a festival’s online program do not count as publicly available online.
** WE DO NOT PAY SCREENING FEES FOR UNSOLICITED FILMS. **
**PLEASE NOTE THAT WITHDRAWING A SUBMISSION DOES NOT PROVIDE A REFUND ONCE SELECTIONS ARE MADE**
**IF A FILM IS NOT SELECTED, A REFUND WILL NOT BE ISSUED**
1. Invited projects must CONFIRM/ACCEPT their participation within 7 days. If confirmation is not received within this timeframe, the project's selection will be considered VOID.
2. Film Format: If selected, filmmakers must provide a downloadable HD H.264 file of their film within 30 days of the Notification Deadline. Failure to do so may result in the forfeiture of the accepted invitation.
3. Indemnification: Filmmakers agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Imagine This Women's Film Festival from any claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses related to the film's copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and any potential loss or damage to the screening videos entered.
I. Certification of Film Entrant: A. I, the undersigned, acknowledge and agree as follows: B. I have read, understand and fully comply with all submission eligibility information, Submission Guidelines, Terms and Conditions of Entry and Entry Eligibility requirements; C. To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true; D. The Feature, Short, Documentary, or Other Media I am submitting as my entry is not subject to any litigation nor is threatened by any litigation; E. I am duly authorized to submit this Production to the Festival; F. I hold ITP's Film Festival harmless from any damage to the print(s) or tape(s) or media en route or otherwise during the course of the Festival; G. I hold the ITP's Film Festival harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from my entry; H. I certify that I have full rights to the use of the music in the Production; I. I give permission for the ITP's Film Festival to use excerpts of up to three minutes of the Production for promotional purposes; J. I give permission for the ITP's Film Festival to use stills, titles, copy, and/or information from the Production for promotional purposes; K. I give permission for the ITP's Film Festival to screen the Production at the ITP's Film Festival event as well as at ancillary Festival presentations, programs, and/or events; L. I own or have authorization to all necessary copyrights and licenses; (If requested) will be able to provide model/actor release verification if requested; will be able to provide music, product and other copyright licensing verification if requested. As the Submitter/Producer, I agree to take on all copyright liability in regard to submitted film. M. Entry does not guarantee acceptance into ITP's Film Festival or other ITP's Film Festival Events.