Imagine This Women's International Film Festival (ITWIFF) aims to amplify and empower independent and aspiring womxn filmmakers from around the world.
The 6th Annual Imagine This Women's Film Festival will feature fierce, bold, original films by womxn filmmakers and storytellers, Q&As, educational panels, and special events.
Imagine This Women's Film Festival's goal is to support women by sharing their work with the public, promoting equal opportunities for BIPOC women and the LGBTQIA+ community while providing educational and professional development, and serving as a resource information network.
Imagine This Women's Film Festival accepts films from womxn filmmakers and storytellers in leadership positions. At least one woman must fill the role of either director, producer, screenwriter, cinematographer, editor, leading role, and etc.
Imagine This encourages BIPOC womxn, LGBTQIA+, young women filmmakers, and storytellers to submit.
"Imagine This Productions has launched the Women’s International Film Festival with the aim to celebrate and empower independent and aspiring women filmmakers from around the world." - IndieWire
"Celebrate the work of women filmmakers from around the world at the second annual Imagine This Women’s International Film Festival (ITWIFF) in Brooklyn" - AFAR Magazine
"When it comes to film screenings and industry events, there's plenty to get you off the couch this week. From a lesson in copyright licenses to a women's international film festival, read on for the week's top film events to add to your calendar. " - ABC 7
"Recent Hollywood scandals have underscored the importance of supporting women in the film industry, and the second annual Imagine This Women’s International Film Festival is a great place to do so. The films here–which include shorts and features, documentaries and fiction films–are as diverse as the women who made them." - CBS New York
Please note: Imagine This is still planning on holding our annual film festival during our announced dates. We will also continue to follow the guidelines put forth by the public health directives and New York State, which will help to determine whether the festival’s format will be in-theatre or online, or a mixture of both. We will announce any updates via our website.
(Sample Prizes from Previous Years)
Final Draft Software ( Valued $250 ) *
FL Studio ( Valued $200 - $800 )*
Red Giant ( Valued $599 - $899)*
CyberLink PhotoDirector 365 ( Valued $38 )*
12-month ISAConnect membership for screenplay winner ( Valued $120)
6-month ISAConnect membership for screenplay finalists ( Valued $60)
*Best Feature Film
*Best Documentary Feature
*Best Short Film
*Best Documentary Short
*Best International Feature
*Best International Short
Best Animated Short
Best Web Series - TV Pilot
Best Music Video
*Best Emerging Storyteller
*Best Student Storyteller
TO SUBMIT FILM:
Please read this agreement carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film, you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of this agreement.
1. PLEASE READ OUR GUIDELINES CAREFULLY before submitting your film as we do not issue refunds for entry fees. It is your responsibility to ensure your film meets our criteria and submission guidelines.
2. *Imagine This Women’s Film Festival is a non-profit organization and we do not pay Screening Fees*
3. Complete the details required, providing a brief synopsis of the film, credits, production stills, and additional promotional items. Please review to ensure all the information submitted is correct.
4. If available, please provide stills from the film; press materials; headshots and filmography of the director; b&w and/or color and video trailer links from Vimeo and Youtube and social media handles to help promote your selection. Please submit them with your application.
5. All films submitted must be free from any legal disputes and the filmmaker must have cleared all rights for music and exhibition.
** WE DO NOT PAY SCREENING FEES **
**PLEASE NOTE THAT WITHDRAWING A SUBMISSION DOES NOT PROVIDE A REFUND**
1. You are required to send us a downloadable HD H.264 file of your film. Or allow access to download via FilmFreeway or via Vimeo only. Once you receive an acceptance letter you are required to allow your film to be downloaded.
2. Failure to deliver a digital HD screening file within 30 days of Notification Deadline Forfeits accepted invitation**
3. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Imagine This Women’s Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
I. Certification of Film Entrant: A. I, the undersigned, acknowledge and agree as follows: B. I have read, understand and fully comply with all submission eligibility information, Submission Guidelines, Terms and Conditions of Entry and Entry Eligibility requirements; C. To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true; D. The Feature, Short, Documentary, or Other Media I am submitting as my entry is not subject to any litigation nor is threatened by any litigation; E. I am duly authorized to submit this Production to the Festival; F. I hold ITP's Film Festival harmless from any damage to the print(s) or tape(s) or media en route or otherwise during the course of the Festival; G. I hold the ITP's Film Festival harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from my entry; H. I certify that I have full rights to the use of the music in the Production; I. I give permission for the ITP's Film Festival to use excerpts of up to three minutes of the Production for promotional purposes; J. I give permission for the ITP's Film Festival to use stills, titles, copy, and/or information from the Production for promotional purposes; K. I give permission for the ITP's Film Festival to screen the Production at the ITP's Film Festival event as well as at ancillary Festival presentations, programs, and/or events; L. I own or have authorization to all necessary copyrights and licenses; (If requested) will be able to provide model/actor release verification if requested; will be able to provide music, product and other copyright licensing verification if requested. As the Submitter/Producer, I agree to take on all copyright liability in regard to submitted film. M. Entry does not guarantee acceptance into ITP's Film Festival or other ITP's Film Festival Events.