The Berlin Kiez Film Festival is held several times a year in alternative locations across Berlin’s diverse neighrbourhoods. Recent screenings have taken place in the Nachbarschaftshaus, Helmholmplatz and the Luisa Caluccia Gallery, Schillerkiez.
Hosting films in art galleries and other venues, brings two distinct art forms together and opens up film screenings to a wider audience. The Berlin Kiez Film Festival showcases films in informal and relaxed settings, inviting local communities to enjoy film screenings in alternative spaces.
Our festival highlights cinema from across the genres. Avant-garde and unconventional filmmakers get exposure and freedom of expression to show their work.
Berlin is renowned for its vibrant art scene, and we invite you to participate by submitting your film.
After the film screenings, we provide Q&A sessions, and an opportunity to engage with the filmmakers, actors, and curators. These interactive events allow for a deeper understanding of the creative process and provides a platform for exchanging ideas and different perspectives.
Members of our team include Michele Princigalli, Catherine Seddon,
Luisa Catucci, Curator (Art Gallery Manager, Igor Wolfango Schiaroli, and Filippo Gregoretti.
The events are hosted in conjunction with WREP Media Company, with the following registration information: HRB224127 and DE336889776.
Each category's winning projects will receive awards. Selected films will be screened at the Berlin Kiez Film Festival events that are held at least three times a year. We always offer free admission to our screening events.
We support successfully selected filmmakers to participate in the festival.
Rules for film submissions are:
1. A short film is any film with a run time under 40 minutes.
2. Films of all languages can be submitted, but the film must have English subtitles.
3. Berlin Kiez Film Festival may use submitted promotional material for the promotion of the festival, but it is not guaranteed all accepted films will be promoted.
4. Berlin Kiez Film Festival reserves the right to rearrange festival programming and location up until the day of the festival and does not accept any liability for costs associated with the change.
5. By submitting your film you authorise Berlin Kiez Film Festival to show your film, or parts of it, at the festival.
6. No refunds will be given for submission.
7. Berlin Kiez Film Festival is a celebration of independent filmmakers and is a place of creative encouragement.
8. Berlin Kiez Film Festival accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, or disappointment incurred or suffered by any person as a result of submitting a film to Berlin Kiez Film Festival and its curation and all related events.
9. Multiple entries are allowed for each filmmaker, and each entry may be entered in multiple categories.