LIFF is committed to the independent filmmaker. We give special attention to the screening of films by first and second time directors, films shot with budgets under £100,000 ($150,000 US) and quality films that - for whatever reason - are unlikely to receive distribution through other channels.
Now in our 15th year, and with space for over 100 indie films over two weeks every April on the South Bank of the Thames, LIFF is Europe's leading film festival dedicated to low and no-budget filmmaking.
Time Out Magazine called LIFF "A TREASURE TROVE OF UNDISCOVERED CINEMATIC GEMS, ONE OF EUROPE'S TOP INDIE FILM FESTS"
Awards & Prizes
The London Independent Film Festival gives awards in the following categories:
Best Low-budget Feature (over £100k)
Best Micro-budget Feature (under £100k)
Best No-Budget Feature (under £10k)
Best UK Feature
Best Sci-Fi / Horror Feature
Best Female Director Feature
Best LGBT film
Best Short Film
Best UK Short
Best Short Documentary
Best Animated Short
Best Experimental Short
Best Short Short
Best Horror / Sci-Fi Short
Best Music Video
Screenplay Award categories:
Best Feature Screenplay
Best Sci-Fi / Horror Screenplay
Best UK Screenplay
Best Short Screenplay
Rules & Terms
1. All film submissions should be made digitally, not via DVD’s in the post. If you are unable/unwilling to use digital submission, please contact us and we’ll work something out.
2. NTSC and PAL submissions will be accepted, as will Region 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.
3. We cannot return DVD entries under normal circumstances.
If selected to be showcased during the event, all screening copies must be received by April 6th, 2017
4. All photos provided must be clearly identified. Photos may be used for any festival promotions.
5. Films which have been broadcast on Television, Cable or have had an international theatrical release prior to LIFF are NOT eligible for any competition but may be screened, out of competition.
6. Non-English language produced films must have English subtitles or be dubbed in English.
All entrants certify that they have been given full rights to use any and all music in their films.
7. Film Producers are responsible for insurance and shipment costs of films to LIFF.
The title of the work and name of entrant must be on all mailing containers, labels, can reels and film leaders.
8. Selected film entries will be notified by March 30, 2017. Jury Award and audience award winners will be announced at the Closing Night “It’s A Wrap” Party. An Awards Certificate will be awarded to the winners. Some Award categories may have co-sponsors providing prizes. One award or prize will be given to the individual designated on the official entry form.
9. Filmmakers or screenwriters accepted and are attending the festival are responsible for travel, lodging, and all other expenses.
10. Filmmakers or screenwriters accepted into LIFF will receive the following:
Two(2) festival passes per submitted film to see all the festival films FREE
Admittance for filmmakers to the “Opening Night Event” or the “It’s A Wrap Party”
11. Film prints and other film material will be handled with utmost care. However, neither the LIFF staff nor supporting theatre organisations staff can assume responsibility for damage or loss of the print and other film materials, en route or otherwise, during the course of the festival’s possession of the print.
12. All stated information, eligibility and submission guidelines, terms and conditions of entry, and entry information is subject to change by the London Independent Film Festival, without notice.