The Georgia Indo-American Chamber of Commerce (GIACC), is proud to present its one-of-a-kind Atlanta Indian Film Festival (AIFF 2023) for the fifth year from October 5th to October 8th, 2023, at the beautiful Tara Theater in Atlanta, GA.
With an Indian diaspora of approximately 150,000 people, and over 500 companies, including many Indian-owned and operated businesses in the Atlanta region, the Atlanta Indian film festival will showcase popular Indian cinema to Atlanta, as well as introduce visiting Directors, Actors and Producers to potential movie production opportunities in Atlanta and the state of Georgia.
Georgia is now a leading destination in the world for filming with its temperate climate, great variety of locations, the world’s busiest airport (Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport), large crew base, and pro-business focus. In Georgia, you’ll find one of the most competitive tax incentive programs in the country, along with a broad network of production and recording facilities, a large and skilled workforce including actors, the latest production equipment and suppliers, gaming and interactive media developers, and technology and support services. The goal of GIACC is to be a liaison between the Indian diaspora film makers in India/US/Canada and the Georgia film industry/state of Georgia and support the Indian movie industry.
Besides showcasing Officially Selected movies, the AIFF, for the first time, will host live workshops on wide ranging topics including but not limited to investing (and money making) in movies and tips in acting for amateurs. We will have casting directors on site so that amateurs' and professionals have opportunities to audition for roles.
All our Officially Selected films will receive the Official Laurel and will be screened at our 3-Day Annual Live Event.
Winners will be announced at the end of the event and will receive a cash awards (each at $1000 and upwards) The following prizes will be awarded at the Festival. This list includes awards granted and the awards will be determined by an independent jury. Awards and prizes are subject to change:
1. Best Film- Feature (All officially selected feature films are eligible for this award)
2. Best Film-Short (All officially selected short films are eligible for this award)
3. Best Director-Feature
4. Best Director-Short
5. Best screen play
6. Best Actor
7. Best Actress
8. Critic's Choice Award
Entrants must agree to all entry terms and conditions, which also include deadline and entry material requirements. Please read all Entry Terms and Conditions in their entirety as submission fees are non-refundable.
1) ALL entries must be:
a. a short (running time of less than 30 minutes including all credits) OR
b. a feature film (running time of more than 60 minutes including all credits) OR
c. A web series ( running time between 30 and 60 minutes)
2) ALL entries must be:
b. made in India OR
c. made in US/Canada by Directors of Indian Diaspora (subcontinent of India) OR
d. made in US/Canada by Producers of Indian Diaspora (subcontinent of India) with Indian origin actor (s) in lead role OR
e. made in US/Canada having lead actors of Indian Diaspora (subcontinent of India)
3) Release dates of movies must be:
a. Short films must be completed in 2022 or later
b. Feature films must be completed in 2020 or later.
4) Submission Deadlines
Following deadlines must be met without exception:
Early Submission Deadline: June 15th, 2023
Regular Submission Deadline: July 5th, 2023
Late Submission Deadline: July 25th, 2023
Extended Submission Deadline: August 15th, 2023
Notification Date: August 20th, 2023
Late submissions can only be made with the express approval of festival directors.
5) Submission fees are as follows:
a. Short films between $30 and $70 (depending on submission date and student or regular entry)
b. Feature films between $70 and $120 (depending on submission date and student or regular entry)
6) ALL entries must be completed and considered a ‘final release’ before submission into the competition.
7) ALL entries are allowed to screen publicly and to be distributed to other film festivals worldwide.
8) No premiere status required.
9) Please follow the details below in order to submit your Film:
a. ALL projects must be submitted via FilmFreeway as a secure digital downloadable link. By submitting your Film on FilmFreeway, you accept that this document has been read and understood.
b. You must provide a link with a download option. It is the sole responsibility of the Film’s applicant to provide ALL information asked during the registration process via https://filmfreeway.com/AtlantaIndianFilmFestival
c. All of the included fields must be completed, your submission will not be considered complete until they are. If there are any setbacks in your application, AIFF will notify you by email.
10) Each submission is carefully considered solely on its own merit by the AIFF's independent jury.
11) Applicants submitting Films that contain significant non-English spoken dialogue should preferably provide on-screen English subtitles.
12) AIFF will not be liable in any manner for the failure of notification. If you have not received notification three days from the close of notification date, we encourage you to please contact our Festival Directors
13) It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to secure clearance from the copyright holders of any copyrighted materials included within the submitted Film. AIFF or AIFF sponsors will not be held responsible for the unauthorized inclusion of any copyrighted materials within or relating to the submitted Film.
14) AIFF does NOT provide comments or feedback regarding the submitted Film to the Applicant or any other representative of the submitted Film.
15) Upon submission, withdrawal of the Film is not permissible.
16) AIFF reserves the right to disqualify any submission if it does not meet the stated requirements.
17) AIFF holds the right to determine the eligibility of any new or previously submitted film. In the event the film is deemed ineligible, AIFF is under no obligation to refund any or all submission fees previously collected from the Applicant.
18) Applicants are responsible for all insurance and submission costs.
19) It is the Applicant’s responsibility to read and understand the Rules and Terms, which are in place to protect both the Festival and the Filmmaker. By submitting your film on FilmFreeway, you are stating that you have read the Rules and Terms.
20) The AIFF is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition for promotional purposes.
21) Electronic press kits (which should include film stills, director(s) photos, brief director bio, producer(s) photos, brief producer bio, synopsis and production credits) are encouraged and must be submitted by the applicable deadline. In the event they are not, AIFF reserves the right to secure substitute materials from other sources for festival marketing.
22) Filmmaker shall indemnify and hold harmless the AIFF from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the submission materials entered. Selected films and their respective filmmakers agree to participate in the publicity for the festival as well as other promotional opportunities. Festival staff may require a high resolution Quicktime trailer (or 30 second clip) and social media info (i.e., Twitter, Facebook, etc). This media will be used to promote the individual films at the festival.
21) All of the above submission eligibility guidelines and general rules are subject to change by the AIFF without notice.