Aladerri International Film Festival (AIFF) is an IMDB Award Listing Qualifier dedicated to the celebration of ‘Short Films’ a multi-day event in Chicago supporting filmmakers and giving them an opportunity to showcase their work in an effort to bring the most inspiring and impactful voices forward.
AIFF has been created to showcase both National and International works by emerging and established artists who are passionate about storytelling via the art of filmmaking.
We aim to share great stories with the audience, while supporting independent filmmakers across the World and will screen all films accepted into “Official Selection” in front of a live audience and the opportunity to have Q&A session with on-site filmmakers September 3 - 5, 2021.
All films chosen to be in ‘Official Selection’ will receive laurels, digital certificate and are automatically nominated for award categories.
"Aladerri Award" will receive 'Deco Pegasus Gold' Trophy and a week-long theatrical engagement in Los Angeles. ***
Jury Award Winner will receive 'Deco Pegasus Silver' Trophy.
1st Place Winner in all categories will receive "Deco Pegasus Black" Trophies.
Digital Certificates will be given to all Winner, Finalist & Semifinalist.
• Best Fiction Short
• Best Documentary Short
• Best Animated Short
• Best Comedy Short
• Best LGBTQ+ Short
• Best Illinois Short
• Best Music Video
• Best Collegiate Short
• Jury Award
• Aladerri Award
***To be elegible for Aladerri Award film must not be available on line.
1. AIFF is open to all filmmakers from around the World, if under 18 years old please submit a Parent/guardian consent form by email to email@example.com
2. The film must have been completed on or after January 1, 2019
3. There must not be a screening fee attached to the film. AIFF will not pay screening fee to any film featured in the festival; there are no exceptions.
4. No premiere requirement, but being a premiere may determine film placement into key program blocks.
5. Film cannot require dual projection (interlock) or separate soundtracks.
6. Non-English film must be subtitled in English.
7. Films must be submitted through the official registration forms available on FilmFreeway.com
8. There is no limit to the amount of films that a filmmaker or producer may register.
9. If your Film is accepted into ‘Official Selection’, will be optional for promotional purposes to send an Electronic Press Kit (EPK) to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
• at least one still photo from the film (in jpg or tif format at 300 dpi)
• a synopsis of the film in English
• a brief biography of the director’s in English
• director’s photograph (in jpg or tif format at 300 dpi)
• film official poster HQ
• film credits
10. All shipping expenses for participating work, from their place of origin to the address of this organization, shall be paid exclusively by the participant. The festival will not be responsible for the cost of receiving any additional materials.
11. It is the responsibility of the filmmaker to secure authorization for any copyrighted that may be used in the film. By submitting your film for consideration to the Aladerri International Film Festival (AIFF), you are telling us that you have full authority to do so, that the film is cleared for potential festival exhibition, and that you accept full legal responsibility for the intellectual property therein. That, as entrant you are the copyright holder, you have rights to all included music and have public performance permission.
12. AIFF is also hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Showcase for promotional purposes. As well as use of photos taken at the Showcase events.
13. You shall also indemnify and hold harmless the AIFF from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
14. By submitting your film, you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of this agreement.
15. All 'Oficial Selections' for the Aladerri International Film Festival must provide DCP/bluray 7.1 dolby.
16. Submission fee's are nonrefundable.
- Best Fiction Short: to be eligible to submit to the category for 'Best Fiction Short' a work must be dramatic in nature, and no longer than 30 minutes. No documentaries will be considered in this category.
- Best Comedy Short: to be eligible to submit to the category for 'Best Comedy Short' a work must be comedic in nature, and no longer than 30 minutes. No documentaries will be considered in this category.
- Best Animated Short: to be eligible to enter the category of 'Best Animated Short' category your film must consist of more than 75% original animated material and no longer than 30 minutes.
- Best Documentary Short: to be eligible to submit to the category for 'Best Documentary Short' the work must be non-fiction and no longer than 30 minutes.
- Best LGBTQ+ Short: to be eligible to submit to the category for 'Best LGBTQ+ Short' a work must associate with the LGBTQ+ communities in theme, and be no longer than 30 minutes. No documentaries will be considered in this category.
- Best Illinois Short: to be eligible to submit to the category for 'Best Illinois Short' is for any project that was at least partially filmed in Illinois AND comes from a director who resides in the state of Illinois and no longer than 30 minutes.
- Best Music Video: to be eligible to submit to the category for 'Best Music Video' your work must be created for a specific piece of ORIGINAL music that you or an associate have the legal rights to and under 10 minutes.
- Best Collegiate Short category is open for any collegiate and university students Worldwide. Students submitting must be currently enrolled in a university or college program and film must be no longer than 30 minutes.
- All "Official Selection" films qualify to win Best of the Fest "Aladerri Award" ("Deco Pegasus Gold" Trophy and a week-long theatrical engagement in Los Angeles). Film must be no longer than 30 minutes.
- "Aladerri Award" recipient must provide DCP/bluray 7.1 dolby to screen the film in Los Angeles.
Trophies will be mailed at no charge if not present at Award Ceremony.