Aladerri International Film Festival (AIFF) is an IMDB Award Listing Qualifier dedicated to the celebration of ‘Short Films’ a multi-day event in Chicago supporting filmmakers and giving them an opportunity to showcase their work in an effort to bring the most inspiring and impactful voices forward.
AIFF has been created to showcase both National and International works by emerging and established artists who are passionate about storytelling via the art of filmmaking.
We aim to share great stories with the audience, while supporting independent filmmakers across the World and will screen all films accepted into “Official Selection” in front of a live audience and the opportunity to have Q&A session with on-site filmmakers September 22 - 24, 2023.
The 2023 Edition will bestow more than $10,000 in prizes across multiple categories, including:
"Aladerri Award" will receive 'Deco Pegasus Gold' Trophy and Oscar Qualifying Theatrical Run.
Audience Award Winner will receive 'Deco Pegasus Black' Trophy and $1,000.00 US cash.
1st Place Winner in all categories will receive 'Deco Pegasus Charcoal' Trophy.
• Narrative Short Film
• Documentary Short Film
• Animated Short Film
• Comedy Short Film
• LGBTQ+ Short Film
• Illinois Short Film
• Student Short Film
• Music Video
• Audience Award
• Aladerri Award
1. AIFF is open to all filmmakers from around the World, if under 18 years old please submit a Parent/guardian consent form by email to email@example.com
2. The film must have been completed on or after January 1, 2021.
3. There must not be a screening fee attached to the film. AIFF will not pay screening fee to any film featured in the festival; there are no exceptions.
4. No premiere requirement, but being a premiere may determine film placement into key program blocks.
5. Film cannot require dual projection (interlock) or separate soundtracks.
6. Non-English film must be subtitled in English.
7. Films must be submitted through the official registration forms.
8. There is no limit to the amount of films that a filmmaker or producer may register.
9. If your Film is accepted into ‘Official Selection’, will be optional for promotional purposes to send an Electronic Press Kit (EPK) to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
• at least one still photo from the film (in jpg or tif format at 300 dpi)
• a synopsis of the film in English
• a brief biography of the director’s in English
• director’s photograph (in jpg or tif format at 300 dpi)
• film official poster HQ
• film credits
10. All shipping expenses for participating work, from their place of origin to the address of this organization, shall be paid exclusively by the participant. The festival will not be responsible for the cost of receiving any additional materials.
11. It is the responsibility of the filmmaker to secure authorization for any copyrighted that may be used in the film. By submitting your film for consideration to the Aladerri International Film Festival (AIFF), you are telling us that you have full authority to do so, that the film is cleared for potential festival exhibition, and that you accept full legal responsibility for the intellectual property therein. That, as entrant you are the copyright holder, you have rights to all included music and have public performance permission.
12. AIFF is also hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Showcase for promotional purposes. As well as use of photos taken at the Showcase events.
13. You shall also indemnify and hold harmless the AIFF from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
14. By submitting your film/music video, you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of this agreement.
15. All 'Oficial Selections' for the Aladerri International Film Festival must provide DCP/bluray 7.1 dolby.
16. Submission fees are nonrefundable.
17. The Festival does not provide feedback or screening notes to entries that are not selected.
- Narrative Short Film: The Narrative Short Film category is for fictional films with a runtime of 30 minutes or less.
- Documentary Short Film: The Documentary Short Film category is for non-fiction films with a runtime of 30 minutes or less.
- Animated Short Film: The Animated Short Film category is for films with a runtime of 30 minutes or less, must consist of more than 75% original animated material that feature primarily animated content or stop-motion animation.
- Comedy Short Film: to be eligible to submit to the category for 'Comedy Short Film' a work must be comedic in nature, and no longer than 30 minutes.
- LGBTQ+ Short Film: to be eligible to submit to the category for 'LGBTQ+ Short Film' a work must associate with the LGBTQ+ communities in theme, and be no longer than 30 minutes.
- Illinois Short Film: the 'Illinois Short Film' category for is for any project that was at least partially filmed in Illinois AND comes from a director who resides in the state of Illinois and no longer than 30 minutes.
- Student Short Film category is open for any student Worldwide. To qualify for this award you must be a full or part time student either at a School, College or University. In order to verify your student status, please upload a copy of your current student ID. Submissions will not be considered without this proof and will be immediately disqualified. Film must be no longer than 30 minutes.
- Music Video: to be eligible to submit to the category for 'Music Video' your work must be created for a specific piece of ORIGINAL music that you or an associate have the legal rights to and under 10 minutes.
- All "Official Selections" qualify to win The "Aladerri Award" Deco Pegasus Gold' Trophy and Oscar Qualifying Theatrical Run. Check the Academy’s website, www.oscars.org, for details about their requirements. (This prize is not sponsored, endorsed or affiliated by the Academy) - In order to receive the theatrical run, the winner must not be Academy shortlisted or nominated.
- All "Official Selection" qualify to win "Audience Award" Deco Pegasus Black Trophy & $1,000.00 US cash.
Trophies will be mailed at no charge if not present at Awards Ceremony.
* Entrant warrants that there are NO DISPUTES regarding the ownership of their short film or music video. If there is ANY DISPUTE whatsoever, said short film or music video will be disqualified.
* Aladerri International Film Festival reserves the right to remove a short film or music video from the festival program for any reason or for no reason, and shall not be liable for any refund or claims of any kind arising out of such removal. In case the short film or music video in question is disqualified, or is unable to screen due to technical, or operational difficulties, or if it needs to be rescheduled, delayed, or removed from the program for any reason, the filmmaker (cast, crew, or anyone involved with the project in question) are not entitled to any refund or damage claims of any kind.