Welcome to our Script Festival!
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐱𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐒𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐭 𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬 has the goal of promoting and recognizing emerging screenwriting talent from around the world. Our festival brings together a diverse group of writers, industry professionals, and audiences to celebrate the art of storytelling and screenwriting.
Our mission is to provide a clear pathway to production for winning screenwriters by engaging in meaningful partnerships with our partner directors and production companies.
We are a team of film enthusiasts and professionals who are passionate about fostering a community of screenwriters and providing them with opportunities to showcase their work. Our festival is dedicated to discovering new voices and providing a platform for diverse and underrepresented perspectives in the film industry.
Our jury is composed of renowned screenwriters, producers, and directors who have achieved remarkable recognition in the industry, having been finalists in prestigious competitions like the Academy Nichols Fellowships, Final Draft Big Break Screenwriting Contest, and Script Pipeline Screenwriting Competition. Each screenplay will be properly reviewed by our clear-sighted jury according to appropriate requirements of an expert analysis.
We believe that the power of storytelling has the ability to inspire, educate, and connect us all. Join us in celebrating the art of screenwriting at the Oxford Script Awards.
THESE ARE OUR MAIN CATEGORIES
Best SHORT Screenplay (under 40 pages)
Best FEATURE Screenplay (over 41 pages)
Best Television Script
First time writer (feature screenplay)
️First time writer (short screenplay) under 40 pages
The Grand Prize will be awarded to the annual winner, which will be chosen from the seasonal winners of the Best Short Script and Best Feature Script category at the Oxford Script Awards. This prize is intended to recognize and reward the outstanding talent and creativity of the winning screenwriter, and may serve as a valuable resource for furthering screenwriter's career in the industry. The prize may be a recognition of the writer's hard work and the potential of the script. It's also worth mentioning that the prize money may not be the only award or recognition given to the winner of the category, they may receive other industry recognition like opportunity to speak about his/her work and career to a wider audience.
GRAND PRIZE WINNER
400 USD in prizes below:
–> Promotional service which includes PROMO ON OUR SOCIAL MEDIAS + INTERVIEW is an opportunity for you to speak about your work and career to a wider audience.
–> Extra professional review with evaluation of your script by renowned screenwriter.
1) Judges, as well as members of our team and other sponsors are not eligible to enter the competition, nor are their affiliates or immediate family members.
2) All scripts must be submitted in English.
3) Once a script has been entered into competition, we will not accept substitutions or revised drafts. If you wish to submit a revised draft of your script, you must enter it as a new submission.
4) All writers’ names should be listed in the online entry form, “written by” credits are optional on the script/pilot file itself. By submitting online to the Oxford Script Awards, entrant warrants that all writers have authorized the submission. If a screenplay is written by multiple authors, all cash and awards will be remitted to the entrant of record, with all proceeds to be divided at the writers’ discretion.
5) We accept screenplays only in one of the following formats: .PDF, Final Draft, Movie Magic Screenwriter, Microsoft Word, Rich Text Format, or Text.
6) Entries will not be returned. Be sure to retain a copy of all material submitted.
7) Entrants of Oxford Script Awards retain all rights to their screenplays.
8) Entries must be received by the applicable Entry Deadline.
9) Oxford Script Awards will not share your screenplay with anyone except the official judges of the competition without prior permission.
10) By entering the Oxford Script Awards, you represent that your entry is your original work, and does not infringe on the copyright or other rights of other people or legal entities.
11) Entry fees are non-refundable.
12) Entrants can include author and/or contact information on their entry’s cover page at their own discretion, but it is not required.
13) The decisions of the judges are final.
14) Our festival reserves the rights to change, cancel or re-schedule the dates, awards & categories. All submitters will be informed about any changes through email and our online platforms. Competition staff reserves the right to substitute any advertised prize for another prize of similar value.
15) By submitting to this festival, you agree to our terms and conditions and to receiving marketing newsletters and discounts about film or screenplay festivals in the form of emails. We will never sell your information to third parties.
16) The festival authorities have rights to use freely available photos, promotional material and information about our submitters and these materials can be used for educational, promotional or commercial purposes.
𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞: Please make sure that you have read and understand all the rules and terms before submitting your screenplay to the Oxford Script Awards. Submitting your screenplay to the festival means that you have agreed to abide by all the rules and terms.