The Wimbledon Library Film Club organises Short Film Night events to introduce the people of Wimbledon to short film story telling.
We are looking for short films on the theme of :
"Animals & nature"
We tend to screen films by theme, however we are happy to consider non related films.
We also have a script reading committee, who will review short film scripts submitted. Successful scripts will be reviewed in December and a winner will be announced. We also share successful scripts with producers & directors, so as to help writers get their content read by professionals.
Do come along and meet the team at one of our events.
Phase 1 - we pre-select the short films and pass them on to the programming team
Phase 2 - the programming team, nominate and programme the short films selected
Phase 3 - the short films are screened at our event - we provide feedback & marketing of the events and film-makers.
This is a unique opportunity for film-makers to get their content shown to professionals and the general audience.
Feel free to contact us if you have any queries :: email@example.com
Short Film script competition- the winning Short Film script will win the chance of having their script being forwarded to a selection of producers (NB. this will be done at the discretion of the organisers).
1. All films must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted.
2. Films must be submitted as an online streaming video via the participating submission platform FilmFreeway with a password-protected streaming URL.
3. IMPORTANT NOTE: Wimbledon Film Club is not responsible for the streaming quality of online screeners.
4. In the event of a password change or link change after submitting, you must email the Festival immediately with that change so we may update your record.
Originality and Permissions; INDEMNITY
1. Films must be the original work of the applicants. If a film is based upon another person’s life or upon a book or other underlying work, applicant(s) must secure any necessary rights to make such adaptations. By entering the competition, you are acknowledging that you have secured all necessary rights.
2. Applicants are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials included in the film, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. Fabulosis Film Fest expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of the foregoing.
3. BY SUBMITTING THE MATERIAL, THE APPLICANT HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND DEFEND THE FESTIVAL, ITS EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AFFILIATES FROM ANY LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SUBMISSION AND FROM ANY FEES AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, THAT ANY OF THEM MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION THEREWITH.
1. We strongly encourage filmmakers to submit their film only after it is fully finished.
2. Once an entry payment has been received we cannot provide a refund. If a payment is disputed by an entrant for any reason, the entrant may be subject to any transaction fees or similar amounts incurred by Wimbledon Film Club in connection with the dispute.
3. You MUST include your physical address either in your entry or in your cover letter. Please do not submit a film without giving us your address, which we need for our records.
Selected Films and Winners
4. Wimbledon Film Club has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules or on our website) to disclose any of the following information: identities of screeners or judges notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project; and/or details regarding the submission review or selection process. All information regarding the rating process is through the FilmFreeway rating system provided by FilmFreeway