Time to get creative and to get your work out there. We are organising a script competition so that authors can get their work read and reviewed by industry professionals. So far, many of our past scripts have landed on the laps of producers and directors.
Earn your chance of being recognised and win a cash prize.
Short film script competition - Winner receives $45 cash prize.
Feature film script competition - Winner receives $75 cash prize.
Successful scripts will be reviewed in April and a winner will be announced.
Short Film script competition- the winning Short Film script will win $45 cash prize.
Feature Film script competition - the winning Feature Film Script will $75 cash prize.
1. All film scripts must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted.
2. Film scripts must be submitted as a pdf file.
3. IMPORTANT NOTE: Wimbledon Film Club is not responsible for the quality of pdf files.
Originality and Permissions; INDEMNITY
1. Film scripts must be the original work of the applicants. If a film script is based upon another person’s life or upon a book or other underlying work, applicant(s) must secure any necessary rights to make such adaptations. By entering the competition, you are acknowledging that you have secured all necessary rights.
2. Applicants are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials included in the film script, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. Fabulosis Film Fest expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of the foregoing.
3. BY SUBMITTING THE MATERIAL, THE APPLICANT HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND DEFEND THE FESTIVAL, ITS EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AFFILIATES FROM ANY LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SUBMISSION AND FROM ANY FEES AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, THAT ANY OF THEM MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION THEREWITH.
1. We strongly encourage filmmakers to submit their film script only after it is fully finished.
2. Once an entry payment has been received we cannot provide a refund. If a payment is disputed by an entrant for any reason, the entrant may be subject to any transaction fees or similar amounts incurred by Wimbledon Film Club in connection with the dispute.
3. You MUST include your physical address either in your entry or in your cover letter. Please do not submit a film script without giving us your address, which we need for our records.
Selected Films and Winners
4. Wimbledon Film Club has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules or on our website) to disclose any of the following information: identities of screeners or judges notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project; and/or details regarding the submission review or selection process. All information regarding the rating process is through the FilmFreeway rating system provided by FilmFreeway