This will be Wild Rover Film Festival's 2nd festival in 2024.
Wild Rover Film Festival is for the wanderer. Whether you're wandering around this world, another world, in the present, the future, or the past. Wherever you choose to wander, tell a story about it.
Wild Rover Film Festival was created by Theodoric Wells, a SAG-AFTRA actor & graduate of Tisch, School of the Arts, for the purpose of providing a platform for filmmakers from all around the world to showcase their films. Wild Rover Film Festival will take place in Tampa, Florida at Wild Rover Brewing Company. All screenings will be held in The Brewery, which seats 125 people with a 120" projector & a cinema-grade sound system.
Food & drink will be available for a full dinner theater experience. Networking happy hours will create an atmosphere for local & global filmmakers to connect over a pint of craft beer, or fresh Fish & Chips. Specifically, we will be hosting "Afternoon Teas" on each day where filmmakers & fans will get to chat over a cuppa and some scones. Each evening will be accompanied by a filmmaker Q&A & an awards ceremony.
Wild Rover Film Festival is accepting submissions for short & feature length films of any & all genres. There will be specialty categories for short & feature length Mockumentary films, British Film, & Veteran Film.
Best Feature Film
Best Short Film
Best International Film
Wild Rover Film Festival will award one filmmaker "The Wild Rover."
Wild Rover Film Festival will award one filmmaker 25% of all the submission fees.
Wild Rover Film Festival will also be donating 25% of the submission fees to Veteran-centered charities. Charity selections will be announced closer to our event date. In 2023, we supported Operation Song, Operation Code Vet, & VETPAW.
1. All entries for pre-screening must be in digital format.
2. The primary rights holder or their authorized representative must enter productions. You may need to provide proof of authorization if you are acting on behalf of the film's rights holder.
3. Entries must be in English, dubbed in English, or have English subtitles on screen. Entries without dubbing or on-screen English subtitles will be automatically disqualified.
4. Wild Rover Film Festival will allocate up to two (2) filmmaker passes for each accepted entry.
5. Entry deadlines must be met.
1. Entry, payment, and media file must be submitted in order for the entry to be considered for screening.
2. A film accepted to the 2023 Wild Rover Film Festival will be permitted for public exhibition, only if the entrant retains all rights to the submission and thus authorizes it's public exhibition at the 2023 Wild Rover Film Festival.
3. Entry of productions must be done by the primary rights holder or their authorized representative. A proof of authorization may be required if you are representing the rights holder. We won't accept films that are currently streaming on a streaming service or available for purchase, or that have been broadcast, cabled, or viewed by a general audience on a VOD platform.
4. It is necessary that the films were made no earlier than 2021.
5. Submission fees are not refundable.
6. Music videos and films that promote for-profit products or services won't be considered.
7. As a result of the undersigned's agreement, Wild Rover Film Festival (i.e. Wild Rover Brewing Company, LLC) shall be indemnified and held harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including attorney's fees and court costs) arising from claims involving copyright, trademarks, credits, publicity, screening, or loss or damage to the screening videos submitted.
8. By September 3rd, 2023, all entrants will be notified of acceptance or rejection.
9. By September 17th, 2023, entrants must submit a copy of their film in an approved format for public exhibition.
10. Entrants who wish to decline acceptance to Wild Rover Film Festival must do so in writing by September 13th, 2023.
11. A Wild Rover Film Festival acceptance form will be required if your film is selected for screening.
12. Each film that has been accepted through FilmFreeway will receive a link to the form.
13. A participant agrees to allow Wild Rover Film Festival to publish any material related to their film (including excerpts) for promotional purposes such as the Festival Program, Festival Web Site, and local or national media. To promote the film and the Wild Rover Film Festival, posters and images from the film may be used alone or in combination with images from other films.