Bangkok's 9FilmFest is active now! Everyone is excited to see new films! This is your chance to showcase your movie to the world!
Welcome to the 9th Bangkok 9FilmFest, an annual international short film festival held in the greatest city in South East Asia. The 8th 9Fest will be held at Cinema Oasis, Bangkok’s newest indie film center. Located on Bangkok’s pristine Sukhumvit road, not far from the famous Emquartier Mall. 9Fest was founded by filmmakers, for filmmakers and audience. We are excited to announce 9FilmFest dates of September 22-23, 2021.
Tell us your story! We accept short films of all genres.
What is more rewarding than having your film accepted into a Competition? As Filmmakers, we take great pride in announcing our film is in the competition! “9” is the luckiest number in Thailand. Thus, 9 films are selected as Competition Finalists. Film Science, needs festivals to screen and create memorable and inspiring experiences for filmmakers and the audience. When we capture the audience, we are successful!
Before Covid in 2019, the 9Fest Program screened at the magnificent Indianapolis Museum of Art at Newfields. At the 2019 Indy Shorts Festival, THE TRANSLATOR’s director, Pagorn Jungrungruang flew more than 11,000 miles to Indianapolis from Thailand to present his film at the 9Fest Program screening.
Here’s what they said at Roger Ebert’s website:
SERIOUS OSCAR CONTENDERS UNVEILED AT 2019 INDY SHORTS INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL by Matt Fagerholm www.rogerebert.com
9Fest, the short film festival run in Bangkok by Brian Bennett, was the focus of a special section at Indy Shorts, compiling several works from directors around the globe, and like all the festival curation I observed here, it was anything but redundant. Bake Phouikham’s “Fallen Star, Rising Sun,” offers a candid sit-down with Ko Chandetka, the first Lao-American bodybuilder, whose struggles with addiction nearly derailed his life. He told me afterward that he believes there’s no healthy way to participate in any sport on a world-class level, and that one must always weigh the risks with the rewards.
The creative world is at your fingertips. 9FilmFest’s goal is to support filmmakers, applaud their hard work, spark creativity and provide opportunities for discovery. We’re here to make filmmaker's dreams come true.
9Fest has Narrative, animation, and documentary categories. Short films must be under 70 minutes in length. The film must have been completed on or after January 1, 2017.
Awards for Best Films, Cinematography, Sound, script, Actress, and Actor will be presented on September 23, 2021.
The creative world is at your fingertips. 9Fest’s goal is to support filmmakers, applaud their hard work, spark creativity and provide opportunities for discovery. We want filmmaker's dreams to come true.
9Fest looks forward to seeing your amazing stories.
9Fest Competition Categories: Narrative, Documentary and Animation
The category winners receive 9FilmFest laurel certificates for these awards:
Each submitted film goes through an involved judging process, and is screened in its entirety. Films submitted to the 9FilmFest are distinguished by their overall artistic and technical quality. 9Fest is open to all genres and looks forward expanding visions, ideas and truths to the world.
To be eligible for the 9FilmFest, films must comply with the following:
- The film must have been completed on or after January 1, 2017.
- The film must be less than 70 minutes in length.
- The film cannot require dual projection (interlock) or separate soundtracks.
Non-English films must be subtitled in English.
- Your full-length short cannot be posted public on youtube or vimeo channels before
screening at 9FilmFest
- There must not be a screening fee attached to the film. 9FilmFest will
not pay a screening fee to any film featured in the Festival; there are no exceptions.
RULES FOR SUBMISSION
In addition to the eligibility requirements listed above, filmmakers must comply with the following submission rules to be considered as a Finalist in their respective category:
• The submitting filmmaker must be either the producer or director of the film.
Entries are accepted exclusively through www.FilmFreeway.com.
• A completed official entry on FilmFreeway.com must be digitally signed by the filmmaker.
• Payment of the non-refundable entry fee must accompany the submission.
• Link to a functional streaming video file (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) in high definition 720p or 1080p. If the link is password-protected, the password is mandatory. Links may be included in the FilmFreeway cover letter or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All entries must submit the following information to be considered for 9FilmFest:
• Link to a functional streaming video file (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) in high definition 720p or 1080p. If the link is password-protected, a working password is mandatory.
• Completed and digitally signed submission on FilmFreeway.com.
• Entry fee.
All filmmakers will be notified by email before August 30, 2021. 9FilmFest reserves the right to release basic information about selected films as early as August 9, 2021.