The 3° Canal de Panama International Film Festivalnis a film event that unites filmmakers from east and west, to show their productions to the peoples of America, as well as to the guests who accompany us during the second half of August (from 16 to 19) of the year 2018.
The film festival takes place in the tourist and business Ciudad de Panama, in the isthmus of Panama, a city that will become the capital of Latin America.
We invite you to be part of our festival!
Best International Fiction Short Film
Best International Experimental Short Film
Best International Animation Short Film
Best International Documentary Short Film
Best International Student Short Film
In addition, the following categories will be awarded:
• Best Director
• Best Cinematography
• Best Edition
• Best Art Direction
• Best Costumes
Best International Fiction Feature Film
Best International Experimental Feature Film
Best International Animation Feature Film
Best Documentary International Feature Film
Best International Student Feature Film.
1. Films made in any video or film format can be registered; no matter the nationality of the director, the place or the country of filming.
Films must be submitted with subtitles in English or Spanish.
2. Short films will be shown with a maximum duration of 30 minutes. While for feature films the duration will be between 31 to 120 minutes.
3. Place and date of the festival
The Third edition of the Panama Canal International Film Festival will be held in Ciudad de Panama from August 16 to 19, 2018, based in Centro de Arte Latino. CALLE 56 Y 57 OBARRIO HOTEL SORTIS NIVEL BC, 0832 Panamá (ciudad), Provincia de Panamá, Panamá.
4. Competitive sections
• International Short Film Competition (Fiction, Experimental, Animation, Documentary, Student)
• International Feature Film Competition (Fiction, Experimental, Animation, Documentary, Student)
5. Official selection
The organization of the festival will select the films that will make up the program for the third edition of the festival. This decision of the selection committee will be unappealable.
6. Submission conditions. The Submissions to be part of the official selection, may be made from February 09, 2018 to August 07, 2018.
7. All Submissions have the same process regardless of the enrollment stage chosen. The late Submissions are processed and viewed in exactly the same way as the early and intermediate ones, the only difference is the fee.
8. The publication of the results of the films that will make up the official selection Canal de Panama International Film Festival 2018, will take place on August 13, 2018, through social networks and the official page of the festival. (https://festivalcanpan.wixsite.com/canpan)
9. Participants can register an unlimited number of works. Films may not be withdrawn from the competition under any circumstances, once the participation has been accepted.
10. The SUBMISSION modality for Canal de Panama International Film Festival will be done online through the associated platforms.
11. Upon completing the registration of the films, the persons who own the rights undertake to accept these regulations.
12. The competitive sections will be awarded by a jury chosen by the festival committee, which will be made up of renowned personalities and film professionals, as well as from different artistic disciplines.
13. The owner of the film (director / producer) accepts the exhibition of the film during the dates of the festival.
15. All those selected will be given a certificate of participation in Canal de Panama International Film Festival.
16. All participants fully accept these rules, as well as the resolutions adopted by the Canal de Panama International Film Festival committee in any situation not foreseen in this call.
17. Doubts, concerns and comments regarding this call, contact the mail:firstname.lastname@example.org