Indie Visions is an international and independent event for all independent filmmakers. The goal of our festival is to support the best up and coming filmmakers from around the world and provide the opportunity to the group of young and vibrant film enthusiasts who are committed to creating spaces for independent cinema and devoted to spreading the knowledge of the modern visual art form to all interested. Because its monthly period, filmmakers will be able to get result on their films quickly. Indie Visions aims at bringing out the best fiction, documentary, animation, experimental, short, feature, music video and scripts from around the globe and promote them. We announce the official selections, nominees and award winners of the month at the start of the following month on our website.
Each month our jury watch and rate the submitted films. We announce the official selection of the month at the notification date. Next, with the second phase of reviews, the winners of the months are announced for each category.
1- Feature Film - Films under 45 minutes - Fiction/Documentary/Animation/Experimental
2- Short Film - Films under 45 minutes - Fiction/Documentary/Animation/Experimental
3- Script Competition - For films that haven't produced yet - Short Films and Feature Films
4- Music Video
SO HOW IS THE SELECTION PROCESS?
- NOT SELECTED: It means that your work hasn't been selected for the current edition of Indie Visions film festival.
- SEMI-FINALIST: It means that although your work has not been selected for the main competition, our selection committee likes it and they decided to give you the Semi-Finalist Laurel. This is the final result for your project.
- FINALIST: It means that although your work has been selected, the festival won't show your film at its venue. In addition, You are not in the main competition, but you still have the chance to receive Juries Special Award by their decision. This is the final result for your project. Don't forget to check the Judging Status menu on our website to see if you are a Juries Special Award winner.
- OFFICIAL SELECTION: It means that your work has been selected for the main competition, but you haven't been nominated for any awards. Please be careful that you must visit the list of nominees on our website [Judging Status menu]. Maybe you are on the Nominees list, but FilmFreeway doesn't have the Nominee status and you must check it manually. The website result is your final result.
- NOMINEE: It means that your work has been selected for the main competition and you've been nominated for the award in a category, but you haven't won any awards. Please be careful that FilmFreeway doesn't have the Nominee status. You must visit the list of nominees on our website [Judging Status menu]. You'll receive the Nominee laurel.
- AWARD-WINNER: It means that your work has been selected for the main competition and you've been nominated for the award in a category. Congrats! You're our winner. You'll receive the Winner laurel.
IF YOU'RE ON THE NOMINEES OR AWARD-WINNERS LIST, PLEASE CONTACT US TO GET YOUR LAUREL.
1- We accept all types of film from all over the world, and of any length.
2- Films can be submitted only through FilmFreeWay.com.
3- The submitted film must be either in English or have English subtitles.
4- The selection committees and juries decision are final.
5- Films must be available to view through FilmFreeWays’s online screening interface.
6- Monitor FilmFreeWay for the status of your submission.
7- In order to participate, the entrants must bear a nonrefundable entry fee.
8- Filmmakers and screenwriters retain 100% all of the rights to their projects and materials that they submit to the Indie Visions Film Festival.
9- The Festival Management reserves the right to make changes in the profile of the festival if it becomes necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond his/her control.
10 -You agree to indemnify and hold harmless us, our officers, affiliates, employees, and partners from any and all claims and liability arising out of entering or transmitting your film or screenplay to the Indie Visions Film Festival.
11- By submitting a film or script or any media through FilmFreeway, the Filmmaker agrees to grant the Festival the right to use the title, synopsis, and trailer of the Film for advertisement purposes, including using of those materials on the Festival's website and social medias.