The Freedom Film Festival is an intergenerational, wholesome, and purposeful display of inspirational creative works. We help spread the gospel throughout the entire nation.
The FFF joins with A.C.T. NOW for our 2018 Short Film Showcase. We invite an audience of people across the country to experience this showcase of work by activists, emerging artists and filmmakers of independent cinema. Films selected by our guest judges will be presented during the #Rally2EndRacism in Washington D.C.
**USE YOUR CREATIVITY TO DEVELOP A SHORT FILM (3-5 minutes in length) DISPLAYING YOUR STORY ON RACISM. ALL GENRES WELCOMED.**
We are looking for your unique viewpoint delivered however your creativity comes to life through film. Whether scripted, documentary or your personal story on film. Anything goes! Let's work together to #EndRacism
Please note: your film's content must be appropriate for our audience and align with the theme of "ending racism" in order to be selected.
SOCIAL MEDIA is a huge force! If you have a social media video that we need to see, tag us @thefreedomfilmfestival & @thefreedomfest
Cash Awards Will Be Presented To Our Finalists
You will be judged on message/content, video quality and creativity.
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO READ ALL OF THE FESTIVAL RULES AS WELL AS THE TERMS & CONDITIONS.
1. Films must exhibit positivity and fit within the realm of the Christian organization. The FFF judges will have sole discretion regarding which films fit the criteria.
2. We accept films of any year of production. Our judges will screen the films privately. We accept films that have already been screened in other festivals and also films that are already available online. Judges will award the best films through private screenings.
3. Festival will only accept international films subtitled in English.
4. All works must be submitted through FilmFreeway or as an online screener (Vimeo preferred).
5. If your media is ACCEPTED into the festival, a DVD copy of your work must be submitted/mailed in order to guarantee it will be screened.
6. Eligible works must have been completed by the date listed in the category requirements.
7. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it has full ownership and/or is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
8. The Freedom Film Festival DOES NOT PAY SCREENING FEES. By submitting your film via any of the above prescribed methods you acknowledge that FFF will not pay to present your work.
9. All entrants will be notified of acceptance by E-mail. Make sure your email address is valid.
10. Festival does not provide travel or lodging for filmmakers and their guests.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering your film for consideration for The Freedom Film Festival Short Film Showcase 2018 (FFF 2018) you authorize that your work is cleared for festival exhibition and accept full legal responsibility for the intellectual property therein. Entry into the festival constitutes permission to exhibit your work at FFF 2018. The Freedom Film Festival is also hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless The Freedom Film Festival, Act Now, www.DarinKent.com, the African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church, the National Council of Churches and any employee, volunteer, team member, sponsors or vendors associated with FFF, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered. The Freedom Film Festival may opt to withdraw your work from the festival at any time for any reason. The Freedom Film Festival DOES NOT PAY SCREENING FEES. By submitting your film via any of the methods prescribed herein you acknowledge that the festival will not pay to present your work.