LIVERPOOL INDIE AWARDS is your entry point to the UK and European film market!
The aim of our festival is to raise awareness and promote the various aspects of international cinema in all its forms. We celebrate filmmakers who challenge the conventional way of filmmaking.
Our jury is looking for projects made with passion, obsession and drive, films that go beyond expectations. Members of our team have been working for major film festivals over the years and we aim to help filmmakers in a different way, to get their project seen by an audience and distributors not only from UK, but from the whole Europe.
Featuring great talent and special guests from the film industry, Liverpool Indie Awards is striving to promote short filmmaking. We ensure and encourage good content from outside the mainstream film industry. Coming to you from across a wide range of genres and styles and in the most inclusive way: from narrative to experimental; documentaries to animation and also music videos. We look for films that represent different facets of filmmaking, from polished productions to no-budget gems.
Liverpool is one of the most cosmopolitan cities of the world, with unique support to all kinds of film art. We want to represent the independent film making face of the world and give opportunity to worldwide filmmakers to screen your films on big cinema canvas at our regular live screening events.
Filmmakers will have plenty of opportunity to network with other film creatives at a festival that is known as a relaxed, filmmaker friendly event in a city that can offer an experience to attendees beyond the festival itself.
𝑪𝑨𝑻𝑬𝑮𝑶𝑹𝑰𝑬𝑺 𝑵𝑶𝑴𝑰𝑵𝑨𝑻𝑬𝑫 𝑭𝑶𝑹 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑴𝑨𝑰𝑵 𝑷𝑹𝑰𝒁𝑬
Best Indie Feature Film
Best Indie Short Film
Best Indie Super Short Film
Best Short Film
Best Short Documentary
Best Feature Film
Best Feature Documentary
Best Music Video
Attention all indie filmmakers!
Don't miss your chance to win big at the Liverpool Indie Awards film festival. Submit your project for a chance to win our SPECIAL Laurel and Diploma, awarded to each selected and winning project.
But that's not all - if your project is a Winner in one of our main categories, you'll be also nominated to our main prize of a 𝘄𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝟱𝟬𝟬 𝗣𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝗖𝗔𝗦𝗛!
Don't wait, submit your project now and join us in Liverpool for a celebration of the best in indie filmmaking.
1. All films that are not in English, must have English language subtitles.
2. We reserve the right to not refund the submission. We will solve each refund issue individually.
3. Any technical issues with the submitted films are the responsibility of the filmmakers. If, at the time of judging, your video file doesn’t work or doesn’t have English subtitles (if in a language other than English), it will be automatically rejected, without a refund. Please contact us ASAP, if there are any issues with the submission process, and a solution will be found.
4. The decision of the project selection status is final.
5. Short films must not exceed 35 minutes.
6. We accept multiple entries from one submitter.
7. The festival authorities have rights to retain copies of each film and the material send as part of our festival library and these materials can be used for educational and promotional and commercial purposes.
8. By submitting to our festival, you give us consent and all the rights to screen your film in front of a live audience, and, under special circumstances, online screening.
9. Official Selection: These are all the films that have been nominated for an award in a category. Not all nominated films will be screened.
10. Only winning projects from CATEGORIES NOMINATED FOR THE MAIN PRIZE are eligible to win the Cash Prize at the end of festival year.
11. Films that are submitted must be the entrant’s original work and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third Parties. Contestants agree that they have obtained all required copyright permissions regarding music, sound & images etc. presented in their film.
12. Our festival reserve the rights to change, cancel or re-schedule the dates, venue, awards & categories. All filmmakers will be informed about any changes via email and our online platforms.
13. By submitting to this festival you agree to our terms and conditions and to receiving marketing newsletters and discounts about film festivals in the form of emails. We will never sell your information to third parties.