We are committed to supporting emerging and established female filmmakers. We strive to recognize new and original voices within the Saint Francis College community and neighboring New York City college campuses, as well as create a bridge between female student filmmakers and professional female filmmakers.
The festival's primary goals are to:
1)To create a social and artistic discourse among women regarding women’s self-image, intellect, spirituality, socio-economic concerns and sexuality.
2) Examine emerging digital film storytelling trends, artistic viewpoints of female student and professional filmmakers. This year we will be accepting Virtual Reality submissions.
We have screened over 90 films made by women in 27 countries and held panels and workshops on crowdfunding and the entrepreneurial aspects of filmmaking as well as the Past, Present and future of women's filmmaking with panelists Ally Acker, Isabel Sandoval, Debra Zimmerman of Women Make Movies, & Christina Raia of Seed & Spark.
ENTRY IS FREE for the entire call for ST. FRANCIS COLLEGE STUDENTS, FACULTY & ALUMNAE!! CONTACT email@example.com using your sfc.edu email or giving your date of graduation!
Best Youth Short (made by a person who is under 19 and has not started college)
Best Narrative Short by a Female Student
Best Documentary Short by a Female Student
Best Narrative Short by a Female Non-Student
Best Documentary Short by a Female Non-Student
Best Animated Short by a Female Non-Student
Best Animated Short by a Female Student
Best Experimental Short
Best Virtual Reality Work
1. Films/VR works must not exceed 20 minutes in length including credits.
2. All films entered must have a female director, producer or screenwriter, with preference given to works created by female directors.
3. Once a film has been selected, it cannot be removed from the Festival program during the event.
4. The following will be accepted for the submission process: on line secure screener.
5. If your film is selected for the festival, it is a requirement that you attend the screening at your own expense.
6. Once selected you must provide us with a digital file of of your film. VR entrants must provide access to screeners.
7. If your film is selected, you will be notified by March 15, 2020.
8. Supporting materials and PR, including stills for the film must be sent to the festival by March 21st. Applicant grants the festival permission to use these materials and images for publicity.
9. All non-English speaking films must be presented in their original version with English subtitles.