We are committed to supporting emerging and established female filmmakers. We strive to recognize new and original voices within the Saint Francis College community and neighboring New York City college campuses, as well as create a bridge between female student filmmakers and professional female filmmakers.
The festival's primary goals are to:
1)To create a social and artistic discourse among women regarding women’s self-image, intellect, spirituality, socio-economic concerns and sexuality.
2) Examine emerging digital film storytelling trends, artistic viewpoints of female student and professional filmmakers. This year we will be accepting Virtual Reality submissions.
Last year we screened 60 films made by women in 27 countries and held panels and workshops on crowdfunding and the entrepreneurial aspects of filmmaking as well as the Past, Present and future of women's filmmaking with panelists Ally Acker, Isabel Sandoval, and Debra Zimmerman of Women Make Movies.
ENTRY IS FREE for ST. FRANCIS COLLEGE STUDENTS, FACULTY & ALUMNAE!! CONTACT email@example.com using your sfc email or giving your date of graduation!
The Festival is supported by IFP, Screening Room.org, and Cinematcher
Each Prize package includes a yearlong-membership to IFP, one of the premiere organizations for independent filmmakers) and a premium membership with Screeningroom.org (an amazing screening platform made by filmmakers for filmmakers)! More prizes TBA!
Best Narrative Short by a Female Student
Best Documentary Short by a Female Student
Best Narrative Short by a Female Non-Student
Best Documentary Short by a Female Non-Student
Best Animated Short by a Female Non-Student
Best Animated Short by a Female Student
Best Virtual Reality Work
Saundra Thomas SFC Student Prize
1. Films must not exceed 15 minutes in length including credits.
2. All films entered must have a female director, producer or screenwriter, with preference given to works created by female directors.
3. Once a film has been selected, it cannot be removed from the Festival program during the event.
4. The following will be accepted for the submission process: on line secure screener.
5. If your film is selected for the festival, it is a requirement that you attend the screening at your own expense.
6. Once selected you must provide us with a DVD and a digital file of of your film. VR entrants must be willing to provide the equipment to screen their pieces if selected.
7. If your film is selected, you will be notified by March 7, 2017
8. Supporting materials and PR, including stills for the film must be sent to the festival by March 12th. Applicant grants the festival permission to use these materials for publicity.
9. All non-English speaking films must be presented in their original version with English subtitles.