ScareLA returns for 2018 as the first Los Angeles convention dedicated to celebrating Halloween. Situated in the entertainment capital of the world, it will combine the city’s top talent and unique cultural setting with a twist! Drawing thousands of fans and haunt entertainment professionals, the event will feature top attraction designers and operators, manufacturers, artists, filmmakers, and more. The weekend-long Halloween season teaser will celebrate California’s hottest scary faire with attraction unveils, workshops and classes, top industry panels, haunt experiences, screenings, and activities.
Do you have a film that embodies a Halloween and Haunted Attraction theme? Would you like a shot at screening it during a convention to be seen by the most die hard haunt, horror, and Halloween fans from across Southern California? Dig up your screener and send it in to the ScareLA staff! Our Screening Room operates during all hours of the event, showcasing the best Halloween and haunt-related films by filmmakers across the country!
Awards & Prizes
Filmmakers who are screening their work at ScareLA will receive two complementary one-day passes to ScareLA for the date of their screening (one for the filmmaker and one for a guest). Their bio and film information will also be featured on our website.
Rules & Terms
- All submitted films must embody a Halloween theme. Both documentaries and fictional works are allowed, however, we are not looking for generic horror. The better the connection to the Halloween season, the better your chances to have your film screened. (But when in doubt, submit!)
- Films of any length (feature or short) are accepted.
- You must own all rights to the film. Please be mindful of all copyright laws.
- All submissions must be received by our May 1st deadline (Submit early — some films may be pre-selected and promoted before the deadline!)
- Filmmakers whose films have been selected will be notified by June 1st, 2018.
- Screeners will not be returned.
- If selected ScareLA must receive your screener digital file, DVD, and/or Blu-Ray by July 1st, 2018.