We are Pilot Light TV Festival - the UK's new and fast growing festival of TV & Web Series. We are dedicated to celebrating the best in the past, present and future of TV & Web Series from around the world!
Season 4 takes place May 2019 in Manchester.
At Pilot Light TV Festival we pride ourself in the mission to discover the next generation of talent in episodic storytelling whether working in broadcast or digital. We aim to give the creators behind these projects the platform to get their TV Pilot or digital series in front of both industry insiders and TV fans.
Through opening submissions to get these projects onto the big screen as part of our official festival selection, we hope to find the next of the likes of Broad City, Breaking Bad and The Office.
Alongside our screenings we also award the best of the festival and have a packed industry panel schedule designed for new writers and creators to take their career to the next level.
2018 Award Winners:
Best British TV Pilot - Dirty Laundry
Best British Web Series - Sparebnb
Best International TV Pilot - Doomsday
Best International Web Series - Other Peoples Children
Pilot Light takes place in Manchester, the centre of the UK's television industry, where broadcasters such as the BBC and ITV are headquartered, where many TV productions are made and numerous production companies are based.
Best British TV Pilot
Best British Web Series
Best International TV Pilot
Best International Web Series
1. Pilot Light TV Festival will be accepting submissions in the following categories:
Short Form Web Series (Under 5 mins)
Long Form Web Series (Over 5 mins)
Short Form TV Pilot (Under 20 mins)
Long Form TV Pilot (Over 20 mins)
2. Pilot Entries must also include a Series Vision Sheet which is to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the project title and tracking number in the email subject line. The sheet is a 1-5 page doc that gives an overview of the show including how many episodes have been produced/are in production, potential character arcs, synopsis of future episodes to give us a general idea of what the show would become.
3. Submission Fee's cover one episode submission. If you have more episodes please provide online screener links along with your Series Vision Sheet.
4. Submissions are welcome from around the world, but foreign language web series and pilots MUST have English subtitles.
5. Web Series and TV Pilots must have been produced after January 1st, 2017.
6. Pilot Light TV Festival, its affiliates, employees, officers, directors, licensees and assigns will not be responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, technically corrupt, postage‐due or misdirected entries. Entry fees are non-refundable.