We are Pilot Light TV Festival - the UK's festival of TV & Web Series. We are dedicated to celebrating the best in the past, present and future of TV & Web Series from around the world!
Season 6 takes place May 2021 in Manchester.
At Pilot Light TV Festival we pride ourself in the mission to discover the next generation of talent in episodic storytelling whether working in broadcast or digital. We aim to give the creators behind these projects the platform to get their TV Pilot or digital series in front of both industry insiders and TV fans.
Through opening submissions to get these projects onto the big screen as part of our official festival selection, we hope to find the next of the likes of Broad City, Breaking Bad and The Office.
Alongside our screenings we also award the best of the festival and have a packed industry panel schedule designed for new writers and creators to take their career to the next level.
Previous guests at the festival have included Christopher Ecclestone, Benedict Wong, Sue Johnston, Matt Berry, Julie Hesmondhalgh, Olivia Hallinan, Grace Victory, Ben Crompton, Charlie Hanson, Matt Zoller Seitz and so many more! Previous partners include HBO, Amazon Video, Channel 4, CBBC, AMC, Comedy Central, BFI and more.
2020 Award Winners:
Best British TV Pilot - Don't Tape Over
Best International TV Pilot - The Anxious Taxidermist
Best British Web Series - Nefertiti Holiday: I is a poet
Best International Web Series - All Hail Beth
Audience Award - Nefertiti Holiday: I is a poet
Pilot Light takes place in Manchester, the centre of the UK's television industry, where broadcasters such as the BBC and ITV are headquartered, where many TV productions are made and numerous production companies are based.
Best British TV Pilot
Best British Web Series
Best International TV Pilot
Best International Web Series
1. Pilot Light TV Festival will be accepting submissions in the following categories:
Short Form Web Series (Under 5 mins)
Long Form Web Series (Over 5 mins)
Short Form TV Pilot (Under 20 mins)
Long Form TV Pilot (Over 20 mins)
2. Web Series - If submitting one episode, please ideally make it the a season premiere, unless the episode can stand on its own without any previous story arcs.
3. Submission Fees cover one episode/series submission. If you have more episodes please either upload a playlist or include a link in your synopsis/directors notes.
4. Submissions are welcome from around the world, but foreign language web series and pilots MUST have English subtitles.
5. Web Series and TV Pilots must have been produced after January 1st, 2018.
6. Pilot Light TV Festival, its affiliates, employees, officers, directors, licensees and assigns will not be responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, technically corrupt, postage‐due or misdirected entries. Entry fees are non-refundable.
7. Please do not submit Short Films and try to pass them off as TV Pilots. It wastes your money and our time, thanks!
8. By submitting you agree to your show being screen at whatever shape the festival takes, whether that be at a normal physical version, or a COVID circumstances online version like our 2020 edition.