VISIONS OF YOUTH
Hello and welcome to the inaugural Parallax Film Festival, an independent film festival taking place at The Collection in Lincoln on the 12th and 13th of November 2016!
The festival was created with the help of Lincolnshire One Venues, The British Film Institute and Film Hub Central East and organised by a group of young adults who have a passion for independent films from the UK and around the world!
We are in the process of selecting a handful of well-known independent films to screen at the festival, but the lineup won't be complete without you! We want you to submit your films to screen alongside these established films, so we can showcase and celebrate everything independent filmmaking has to offer.
Parallax Film Festival revolves around one central theme and, in our first year, the theme is youth. Therefore, submitted films should be about, represent or focus on the concept of youth. It can explore how young people interact with each other, how older generations see young people, how we look back on our youth - the possibilities are endless! If your film has anything at all to do with youth, don't hesitate to submit it.
Up for grabs is a bunch of awards, presented exclusively to the best submissions we receive!
If your film is selected or nominated, you will be invited to the festival and receive one of our free weekend passes, giving you access to every screening and exhibition at the festival. Further details of the event will be revealed as we get closer to the date.
Thank you for all of your submissions!
- Best Feature Film
- Best Short Film
- Best Student Short Film
- Best Local Film
Parallax will present the four winners with an award certificate.
1. Submissions must in some way relate to the broad theme of youth — this relation can be explicit or implicit within the film.
2. Submissions must either be fiction, documentary or animation. No trailers are allowed.
3. Non-English language films are allowed, providing they are subtitled in English.
4. Feature films must be between 60 and 120 minutes long in duration.
5. Short films must be between 5 and 30 minutes long in duration.
6. Multiple entries from the same filmmaker are allowed.
7. Submissions must be available to view as an online screener.
8. Shortlisted filmmakers will be contacted and asked to provide either a digital file or physical copy of their film for screening at the festival.
9. Shortlisted filmmakers will be notified by October 6th 2016.
10. By submitting your film, you give Parallax permission to screen it, as well as use it for promotional purposes.
11. By submitting your film, you declare that you have all the relevant copyright permissions for the content of your film and are able to provide proof if needed.
12. Parallax does not offer entry fee refunds under any circumstance — by submitting your film you confirm that you have read and agree to the above-mentioned terms.