Mitten Made Shorts created by Xari Studios and Malku Media, is a film festival focused on highlighting inspirational short films from Michigan filmmakers. The founders, Kenneth Nelson, Sean Vaughn and Sheri Brooks are local filmmakers who believe that great films with powerful messages can change the world.
All inspiring shorts, animations, documentaries, and music videos may be entered into the Mitten Made Short Film Festival. If you're a filmmaker with an awesome inspirational film, here's your chance to show your work on the big screen!
Best Short Film:
Audience Choice Award
1. Short films must be completely made in Michigan.
2. No porn, vulgarity, nudity or profanity will be accepted.
3. To be eligible for the short film competitions, films must have been completed after January 1st 2016 and be 30 minutes or less in duration.
4. If the submission is accepted into the festival, the entrant grants Mitten Made Shorts a non-exclusive, royalty free license for use for theater screening, and to publish excerpts in print or electronic media to promote the event in any and all media.
5. The filmmaker must own all rights to his film and music or have secured them by the festival.
6. A digital copy of your film must be sent at the time of your submission, email it to:
7. Entry fees are non-refundable.
8. Entries will not be returned.
9. Submissions in a language other than English must have English subtitles.
It is up to everyone submitting their project to the MMFF to respond to our emails in a timely manner. We will work with you, but it is your responsibility to keep on top of notifications.
The Mitten Made Short Film Festival (MMFF) is hereby granted the right to utilize, for promotional purposes, any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the MMFF. The individual or entity submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to submit the film for screening, and understands and accepts the requirements and conditions governing the MMFF. The MMFF reserves the right to refuse entries. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless, Mitten Made Short Film Festival (MMFF) from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including, but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of litigation), which may arise out of claims involving intellectual property, including, but limited to, copyright, or trademark, or claims involving parties directly or indirectly involved with the making of the film.