The Order of the Good Death and the Aurora Picture Show in Houston, TX seek original short works, including animation, documentary, performance films, composite media presentations, archival film or archival collage, fictional narratives, and other micro-cinema-ready film works. The "Death Salon Film Festival at Aurora" will examine and explore the history of death rituals and attitudes toward death and end of life issues and also imagine alternative, more personal and more fitting, ways to deal with our own deaths and dying as a part of our lives.
If you have thoughts about the way we talk about death (or don't), how we face death, remember the dead, or the nuts and bolts of death and dying in the modern world, then we invite you to submit. Tone - somber, zany, abstract - is immaterial. Our goal is to showcase introspective and free-thinking ideas about dealing with death.
Aurora Twitter: https://twitter.com/AuroraPicture
Death Salon: http://deathsalon.org
The Good Death Twitter: https://twitter.com/thegooddeath/
The Order of the Good Death: http://www.orderofthegooddeath.com/
The "Death Salon Film Festival at Aurora" will present an Audience Choice and a Jurors' Choice award.
• Any genre or style
• Films must be less than 15 minutes long (including title and credits)
• The festival will take place on September 17, 2016 in Houston, Texas
• We only accept online submissions. We will not accept DVDs.
Terms for Works Selected for the Festival
• Selected filmmakers must provide a high-resolution screening copy for the presentation at the festival.
• Works will be screened during the festival and will be eligible for the Audience Choice or Jurors' Choice award.
• Your work may be utilized for promotional purposes of the festival, limited to private screenings and preview-only copies for press and supporters.
• The filmmaker will permit Aurora Picture Show and the Order of the Good Death to use their name and stills from my work (at least one print-quality version provided upon request) for promotional purposes.
• A sample clip of the work (up to 30 seconds in length) may be promoted via the Aurora Picture Show and or Order of the Good Death web sites and social media nonprofit channels, unless prior arrangements are made.
• The filmmaker has the option to give permission for the film to be included on a touring program and in the Aurora Video Library or the Order of the Good Death/Death Salon archives. Filmmakers are always contacted prior to any additional screenings.