The Bonita Springs International Film Festival (BIFF) is a world-wide-community event, screening some of the most compelling work from all over the world, and we invite that world in to become a part of our creative and compassionate Florida community. All genres welcome--documentary, animation, narrative, experimental and short.
Filmmaker passes are free and available to anyone credited in an accepted film, so BIFF is filled with creative, interesting people, from actors and actresses, to writers, directors and producers. We also partner with local press for event coverage, local restaurants, hotels and shops to offer discounts for the week of the festival and beyond at some of Bonita Springs' best spots.
Four days of official BIFF events, with many other ancillary events taking place over the weekend--parties, lectures, workshops, awards, the best food, drink and music, and most importantly, the best films the world has to offer. A host of guests and filmmakers attend to promote their films and celebrate the accomplishments of their peers. Award-winners will take home trophies, and be highlighted in local press coverage. We also award cash prizes, awarded by our panel.
• Filmmaker Badges providing admission to all programs and events during the festival
• Travel and lodging stipend (up to $500)
• Eligibility for filmmaker cash awards up to $2,500
• Dedicated Q&A time for at their film screening
• Discounts at select local bars and restaurants
Kidz Shortz – Award $250
Florida Films Competition – Youth Award $500
Florida Films Competition – Adult Award $500
Short Films – Fiction/Narrative Award $500
Short Films – Documentary Award $500
Animation – Short Film Award $500
Animation – Feature Film Award $750
Feature Films – Fiction/Narrative Award $1000
Feature Films – Documentary Award $1000
**ENTRY FEES ARE IN US DOLLARS AND NON-REFUNDABLE
* Proof of eligibility required for Kidz Shortz & Florida Filmmaker Categories.
* Fee Waivers available to students with proof of age/enrollment
* All films with a total runtime of 40 minutes or over are considered feature films. All films less than 40 minutes are considered short films.
* Please indicate the country of production, language(s), short synopsis and total running time (at time of submission).
* Works in progress will be considered for submission.
* Films must be in English or have English subtitles.
* All films must be submitted as either an online screener or on 3 DVD/Blu-rays (all regions accepted) for consideration.
* DVDs must be labeled clearly with the title, running time and contact information (including name, address and phone number).
* DVD/Blu-rays will be returned if a self-addressed stamped envelope accompanies submission.
* If your film is selected, an HD digital copy, DVD or Blu-ray copy of the film is required for exhibiting.
* If your film is selected, then you will be asked to provide stills from the film; press materials; headshot and filmography of director; b&w and/or color and video trailer (if available).
* All films submitted must be free from any legal disputes and the filmmaker must have cleared all rights for music and exhibition.
* Once a film has been selected it cannot be withdrawn from the festival program during or prior to the event. If your film was accepted to be shown in the Bonita Springs International Film Festival, you and/or your production company, distributors etc. won’t be allowed to withdraw the selected film from our film festival.
* BIFF reserves the right not to choose a winner from any category.