Focused on bringing the arts to Connecticut's "quiet corner", Main Street Film Festival is a three day, three night red carpet event where filmmakers and audiences come together to explore, discuss and celebrate the film making process. Along with a juried short film competition, attendees will enjoy a variety of events such as paneled discussions and networking gatherings, formulated to bring together like minded people and promote the arts.
Participants will be asked to submit a short film that is at least 5 minutes in duration but not to exceed 15 minutes (including credits). For this inaugural event all genres will be accepted (excluding pornography). Future festivals may be genre or theme specific.
Films will be rated by a panel of three judges based on creativity and film quality.
Along with live viewings of short films there will be two paneled discussions:
Saturday June 27th at 2:30pm will present a paneled discussion on the recent effect of the LGBTQ community on film making.
Sunday JUNE 28th at noon there will be a discussion on the film making process as seen through the eyes of writers/directors, make-up professionals and music composers.
The Main Street Film Festival will take place June 26th, 27th & 28th at the Jewett City Savings Bank Studios in Jewett City, CT.
Trophies will be awarded to the following categories:
Best Sound Design
Audience Choice Award
1. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older. Underage filmmakers must have their film submitted by a parent or guardian over the age of 18.
2. Entrant confirms and warrants that he/she has the required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
3. Films must be submitted electronically through the FilmFreeway website.
4. No pornography. MSFF will accept films that are the equivalent of an ‘R’ rating. However, the MSFF reserves the right to reject submissions which it considers inappropriate.
5. All entries must be either in English, contain English subtitles, or be dubbed in English.
6. All submissions to MSFF must be paid through the FilmFreeway platform. The submission fees are non-refundable.
7. All genres are eligible. All short films must be between 5 and 15 minutes including credits.
8. By submitting to the festival you confirm that you own the rights of the work submitted.