A festival within a festival, featuring four 90-min screenings of short films and a 24-hour film race with a bicycle theme. Write, act, direct, shoot, and edit or just sit back and watch the results. Each preselected film is screened twice, and every entry in the 24-hour contest is shown on the final day. Awards include the Audience Choice Award, the Prix Duchamp for best experimental film, the Golden Cheesesteak for best local film, and the Golden Bicycle for best 24-hour film. Bicycle Shorts Film Festival runs September 22-24 at the Yellow Bicycle Theater as part of the 2023 Philadelphia Fringe Festival. All events are Pay What You Can.
Audience Choice Award
Prix Duchamp (for best experimental film)
Golden Cheesesteak (for best local film)
Golden Bicycle (for best 24-hour film)
RULES FOR FILM SUBMISSIONS
1) All films must have a runtime of 15 minutes or less, including credits.
2) The submitter retains all rights to the film.
3) All fees are non-refundable.
4) Principal photography must have been completed no earlier than January 1, 2020.
5) All films must include English subtitles (unless the spoken language is English).
6) YBC does not offer criticism on submissions.
7) To qualify for the local category, the entire film must have been shot within 50 miles of Philadelphia.
8) Films involving bicycles or live theater are strongly encouraged.
24-HOUR FILMMAKING CONTEST
To register for the 24-hour filmmaking contest visit https://yellowbicycle.com/bsff/