𝗔 𝗖𝗜𝗧𝗬 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗕𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦 𝗜𝗡 𝗜𝗧𝗔𝗟𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗢𝗙 𝗪𝗢𝗥𝗟𝗗 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗧 𝗖𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗠𝗔
Castrovillari has always been, since Hellenic times, a strategic commercial spot to connect the rest of Italy to all the lands that lied in the south. Inside the "Civita", framed by our grand Aragonese Castle, the first two inaugural days of screenings of our festival entertained more than 600 people with 12 films selected from all around the world, without geographical borders and from all kinds of production - both no budget and big budget - showcasing the best of world's creativity in films and bringing them to the public from south of Italy.
𝗪𝗘 𝗦𝗘𝗧 𝗡𝗢 𝗕𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗦 𝗧𝗢 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗦 𝗪𝗘 𝗪𝗔𝗡𝗧 𝗧𝗢 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗪
The City of Castrovillari will be hosting again our 2020 edition, in which our aim is to provide both entertainment and culture to our ancient city through innovative languages and author's works of short cinema, choosing an heterogeneous array of films in a 2020 program that will include entertaining, uncanny, emotional, thoughtful, challenging films with no nationality or budget or theme restrictions.
Jurors of this edition will be ...
This year we're partnering with Gargantua Film to offer a $700 worth of worldwide distribution contract to one of the films of the official selection. Moreover, all submission will receive a 50% discount package from 7 partner festivals worth more than 30$, making the submission really convenient.
If you're distributing a short that shows your identity, language, form, story or approach to genre, we'll be glad to give it a look.
See you in Castrovillari.
The jury will award the following prizes which will be divided into cash prizes, technical sponsorships and trophies made by local artists:
BEST NARRATIVE SHORT FILM (€ 300.00 + trophy)
BEST DOCUMENTARY/EXPERIMENTAL SHORT FILM (trophy)
BEST ANIMATION SHORT FILM (trophy)
BEST DIRECTOR (trophy)
BEST SCREENPLAY (trophy)
BEST ACTOR (trophy)
BEST ACTRESS (trophy)
BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY (trophy)
BEST EDITING (trophy)
BEST ORIGINAL SCORE (trophy)
In order to enhance the work of young Calabrian directors, a section will be dedicated exclusively to short films directed by Calabrian authors:
BEST CALABRIAN SHORT FILM (trophy)
- The call is open to all national and international works.
- All films must have been made in or after 2015.
- All films must have a maximum duration of 30 minutes.
- The theme of the works will be free.
- Each participant may submit more than one work, but will have to perform registration
for each one of them.
- All films must be submitted with English subtitles.
- Filmmakers are responsible for sorting out the copyright on their own materials.
- By submitting to us, you give us the right to screen your film in front of a live audience.
- We may promote clips from your film on social media.
- We retain the right to change the date and venue of the festival under special
circumstances. All filmmakers will be informed about any changes through our online
- Registration can only be made through the FilmFreeway online platform.