𝗔 𝗣𝗟𝗨𝗥𝗔𝗟𝗜𝗧𝗬 𝗢𝗙 𝗩𝗜𝗦𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗔 𝗗𝗘𝗘𝗣𝗘𝗥 𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗥𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗡𝗗𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗛𝗨𝗠𝗔𝗡 𝗦𝗢𝗨𝗟
The 𝘊𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘳𝘪 𝘍𝘪𝘭𝘮 𝘍𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘢𝘭 was born from the desire to embark, together with the audience, on an introspective journey to discover the various nuances of the human soul, led by the visions of the authors’ unique perspectives.
Regardless of the genre, the nation, the budget, the medium used for filming, what interests us is to see strong, daring short films that are capable of shedding light on the human condition.
We are looking for films that stand out from today’s too often standardized universe of short films. Works that are capable of creating a glimpse of conscience in the soul of the spectators, providing a moment of reflection, giving them the chance to identify their inner selves with the external reality.
𝗔 𝗖𝗜𝗧𝗬 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗕𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦 𝗜𝗡 𝗜𝗧𝗔𝗟𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗢𝗙 𝗪𝗢𝗥𝗟𝗗 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗧 𝗖𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗠𝗔
Castrovillari has always been, since Hellenic times, a strategic commercial spot to connect the rest of Italy to all the lands that lied in the south. Inside the "Civita", framed by our grand Aragonese Castle, the first two inaugural days of screenings of our festival entertained more than 600 people with 12 films selected from all around the world, without geographical borders and from all kinds of production - both no budget and big budget - showcasing the best of world's creativity in films and bringing them to the public from south of Italy.
𝗪𝗘 𝗦𝗘𝗧 𝗡𝗢 𝗕𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗦 𝗧𝗢 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗦 𝗪𝗘 𝗪𝗔𝗡𝗧 𝗧𝗢 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗪
The City of Castrovillari will be hosting again our 2020 edition, in which our aim is to provide both entertainment and culture to our ancient city through innovative languages and author's works of short cinema, choosing an heterogeneous array of films in a 2020 program that will include entertaining, uncanny, emotional, thoughtful, challenging films with no nationality or budget or theme restrictions.
This year we're partnering with 𝘎𝘢𝘳𝘨𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘶𝘢 𝘍𝘪𝘭𝘮 𝘋𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘣𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 to offer a $1000 worth of worldwide distribution contract to one of the films of the official selection. Moreover, each submission will receive a 50% discount package from 7 partner festivals worth more than $30, making the submission really convenient.
If you're distributing a short that shows your identity, language, form, story or approach to genre, we'll be glad to give it a look.
See you in Castrovillari.
To all submissions, regardless of selection or not:
- A discount package worth $30 given throughout the year in form of discount codes by our partner festivals. By submitting you will receive it from them.
The jury will award the following prizes which will be awarded among all categories of short films eligible for the festival (narrative, documentary, experimental, animation):
𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗧 𝗙𝗜𝗟𝗠 ($500 + trophy)
𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗝𝗨𝗥𝗬 𝗣𝗥𝗜𝗭𝗘 ($500 + trophy)
𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗖𝗔𝗟𝗔𝗕𝗥𝗜𝗔𝗡 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗧 𝗙𝗜𝗟𝗠 (trophy)
𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗖𝗜𝗔𝗟 𝗗𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗕𝗨𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝗔𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗗 (worth $1200 worldwide distribution contract offered by 𝘎𝘢𝘳𝘨𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘶𝘢 𝘍𝘪𝘭𝘮 𝘋𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘣𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 to one of the short movie)
𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗢𝗥𝗜𝗚𝗜𝗡𝗔𝗟 𝗦𝗖𝗢𝗥𝗘
- The call is open to all national and international works.
- All films must have been made in or after 2016.
- All films must have a maximum duration of 35 minutes.
- The theme of the works will be free.
- Each participant may submit more than one work, but will have to perform registration
for each one of them.
- All films must be submitted with English subtitles.
- Filmmakers are responsible for sorting out the copyright on their own materials.
- By submitting to us, you give us the right to screen your film in front of a live audience.
- We may promote clips from your film on social media.
- We retain the right to change the date and venue of the festival under special
circumstances. All filmmakers will be informed about any changes through our online
- Registration can only be made through the FilmFreeway online platform.
- We will not be able to pay any screening fee. Selected films will be screened for free.
- By submitting, you agree to share your mail with our partner festivals: it will be used only to give you discount code in the forementioned festivals that are: Il Varco International Short Film Festival, Short Days, Rome Prisma Film Awards, Calabria Movie, Scario Short Film Fest, Pollino Film Fest, Desenzano Film Festival.