◽ 𝘐𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘢 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘮𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘮 𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘴, 𝘊𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘳𝘪 𝘍𝘪𝘭𝘮 𝘍𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘢𝘭 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶. - 𝗣𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗸 𝗡𝗮𝗿𝗮𝘆𝗮𝗻 𝗕𝗮𝘀𝘂 (𝗥𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗱𝗮𝗺 𝗜𝗙𝗙 𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗿 𝗱𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿, 𝗕𝗲𝗿𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝘂𝗺𝗻)
◽ 𝘍𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘢𝘭 𝘥𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘴 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘤 𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘭𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘲𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘥𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘢𝘭 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘮𝘮𝘦, 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘴. - 𝗔𝗹𝗮𝗻 𝗞𝗶𝗻𝗴 (𝗖𝗹𝗲𝗿𝗺𝗼𝗻𝘁-𝗙𝗲𝗿𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗱𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿)
◽ 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘭 𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘮𝘢 𝘪𝘯 𝘐𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘺. - 𝗣𝗿𝗲𝗺𝟭𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗙𝗶𝗹𝗺 (𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗮𝗿𝗴𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘁 𝗳𝗶𝗹𝗺 𝗱𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗯𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝗘𝘂𝗿𝗼𝗽𝗲)
➖ 𝗦𝗘𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗨𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘. ➖
𝟯𝟵𝟴𝟱 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘁 𝗳𝗶𝗹𝗺𝘀 𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝟴𝟵 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱, 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝟭𝟲𝟬𝟬 𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘀, 𝟰𝟴 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘁 𝗳𝗶𝗹𝗺𝘀 𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗱, 𝟭𝟬 𝗜𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗮𝗻 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗶𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘀, 𝗮 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗶𝗲𝗿𝗲, 𝟰𝟬 𝗮𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀 𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗻𝗲𝗱, 𝟭𝟮 𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗴𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝘀, 𝟳 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗻𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗮𝗹𝘀 𝘀𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗜𝘁𝗮𝗹𝘆, 𝗰𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗲 𝗼𝗻 𝘀𝗼𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗻𝗲𝘁𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸𝘀 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝟭𝟬𝟬𝟬𝟬𝟬 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀.
These are just some of the numbers of the first three editions of the 𝘊𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘳𝘪 𝘍𝘪𝘭𝘮 𝘍𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘢𝘭 (CVFF), a festival born with the patronage and support of the Municipality of Castrovillari, under the artistic direction of the director Antonio La Camera and the composer Francesco Sottile.
Attentive to young cinema since its inception, the festival aims to create a meeting point between the authors of the future, within the frame offered by the city of Castrovillari.
Driven by our new slogan 𝗦𝗘𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗨𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘. we are looking to showcase the authors of the future: directors that are capable of shooting films that can reflect their innermost soul and their own personal gaze on the world. Wherever they are on the globe, whatever their budget is: we are aiming for the ones who can really speak from their soul into an original, new cinematic language, that can cheer our crowds and open their hearts.
Directors as Prantik Narayan Basu (Rotterdam IFF winner, Berlinale alumn), QIU Yang (Cannes Film Festival Palme d'Or winner), Yorgos Zois (Semane de la Critique nominated), Guy Nattiv (Academy Award® winner), Alan King (Clermont-Ferrand official selected), Tommaso Santambrogio (Venice Film Festival winner), Anthony Nti (Academy Award® short listed), Jérémy Comte (Academy Award® nominated) has been part of our festival, showing their gazes and giving us a taste of what the future of cinema will be.
➖ 𝗪𝗘 𝗦𝗘𝗧 𝗡𝗢 𝗕𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗦 𝗧𝗢 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗦 𝗪𝗘 𝗪𝗔𝗡𝗧 𝗧𝗢 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗪 ➖
The City of Castrovillari will be hosting again our 2022 edition, in which our aim is to provide both entertainment and culture to our ancient city through innovative languages and author's works of short cinema, choosing an heterogeneous array of films in a 2022 program that will include entertaining, uncanny, emotional, thoughtful, challenging films with no nationality or budget or theme restrictions.
Each submission will receive a 50% discount package from 7 partner festivals worth more than $30, making the submission really convenient.
We are interested in seeing your short films, in seeing your worlds, in being guided by your vision of the future.
Our international jury awaits you.
We hope to see you among the authors of the future in Castrovillari.
To all submissions, regardless of selection or not:
- A discount package worth $30 given throughout the year in form of discount codes by our partner festivals. By submitting you will receive it from them.
- Our festival offers to all selected short films a post-production package that includes the translation of the films, the creation of the .srt subtitles in Italian or English and the finalization of the projection file.
All materials produced will be given free of charge to the producers and directors for a value of over $6.000,00 for the entire official selection.
The jury will award the following prizes which will be awarded among all categories of short films eligible for the festival (narrative, documentary, experimental, animation):
𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗧 𝗙𝗜𝗟𝗠 ($500 + trophy)
𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗝𝗨𝗥𝗬 𝗣𝗥𝗜𝗭𝗘 ($500 + trophy)
𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗚 𝗝𝗨𝗥𝗬 𝗔𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗗 (trophy)
𝗛𝗢𝗡𝗢𝗥𝗔𝗕𝗟𝗘 𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 (trophy)
𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗖𝗔𝗟𝗔𝗕𝗥𝗜𝗔𝗡 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗧 𝗙𝗜𝗟𝗠 (trophy)
𝗔𝗨𝗗𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗖𝗘 𝗔𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗗 (trophy)
𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗗𝗜𝗥𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗢𝗥 (trophy)
𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗦𝗖𝗥𝗘𝗘𝗡𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗬 (trophy)
𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗔𝗖𝗧𝗢𝗥 (trophy)
𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗔𝗖𝗧𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗦 (trophy)
𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗖𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗣𝗛𝗬 (trophy)
𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 (trophy)
𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗢𝗥𝗜𝗚𝗜𝗡𝗔𝗟 𝗦𝗖𝗢𝗥𝗘 (trophy)
- The call is open to all national and international works.
- All films must have been made in or after 2019.
- All films must have a maximum duration of 30 minutes.
- The theme of the works will be free.
- Each participant may submit more than one work, but will have to perform registration
for each one of them.
- All films must be submitted with English subtitles.
- Filmmakers are responsible for sorting out the copyright on their own materials.
- By submitting to us, you give us the right to screen your film in front of a live audience.
- We may promote clips from your film on social media.
- We retain the right to change the date and venue of the festival under special
circumstances. All filmmakers will be informed about any changes through our online
- Registration can only be made through the FilmFreeway online platform.
- No withdrawal is accepted after the film is selected.
- We will not be able to pay any screening fee. Selected films will be screened for free.
- By submitting, you agree to share your mail with our partner festivals: it will be used only to give you discount code in the forementioned festivals that are: Il Varco International Short Film Festival, Short Days, Rome Prisma Film Awards, Calabria Movie, Scario Short Film Fest, Pollino Film Fest, Desenzano Film Festival.