The Catskill International Film Festival (CIFF) is passionate about promoting quality independent films, television pilots, and screenplays from filmmakers around the world. CIFF is a star-studded affair that celebrates an interactive and contemporary experience which will inspire, challenge, and enlighten viewers and participants alike. Attendees will walk the red carpet, attend after-parties with live entertainment, view award-winning independent films, enjoy a variety of events such as film seminars, and meet with filmmakers, stars, and models during an unforgettable weekend.
The Callicoon Theater and Western Hotel in Callicoon, NY will begin a new chapter for the area and arts community by housing the Catskill International Film Festival. Nestled in the world renowned Catskill Mountains and within driving distance of New York City, the Callicoon Theater is the perfect film venue. CIFF intends to showcase the best talent the Catskills and the world has to offer, these talented artists will be given a platform to gain exposure and the promotion they rightfully deserve while celebrating the arts together and having an incredible time. The Catskills hold a wonderful history with incredible events such as Woodstock among many others and now it brings the Catskill International Film Festival to the world.
(Submission must be paid in full and award recipients must be present at festival for cash prize to be received)
Best Picture (Best Feature Film) - $1,000 plus trophy
Best Director (Feature/Short) - $500 plus trophy
Best Cinematography (Feature/Short/Documentary) - $500 plus trophy
Best Screenplay (Feature/Short) - $500 plus trophy
Best Actor (Feature/Short) - $250 plus trophy
Best Actress (Feature/Short) - $250 plus trophy
Best Animation - $250 plus trophy
Best Pilot - Trophy awarded
Best Music Video - Trophy awarded
Best Ensemble - Trophy awarded
Best Supporting Actor (Feature/Short) - Trophy awarded
Best Supporting Actress (Feature/Short) - Trophy awarded
People's Choice Award (Online Poll) - Trophy awarded
1) All films must have completed post production AFTER January 1, 2017.
2) Films must be in English or have English subtitles.
3) Participants who are granted a fee waiver or discount are exempt from receiving any cash prizes at the award ceremony.
4) Award recipients must be present to receive their cash prize. Prizes will not be mailed or available for pickup at a later time.
5) Best Narrative Feature Film cash prize must also be accepted by the Director, Writer, Director of Photography, or Executive Producer.
6) Submitting filmmakers/individuals will be notified by e-mail on or before July 24, 2018.
7) Regarding shipping to CIFF, the submitting filmmaker will be responsible for the mailing/shipping cost of the work, both for the submitted cut for consideration screeners and the final screener copy for screening at the film festival.
8) All films must be a premiere within 30 miles of the venue, winners of festivals, or nominations of festivals. CIFF, does not require a World Premiere, but appreciates if you notify us if you are either a World Premiere, International Premiere (your first premiere outside your country of origin), North American Premiere, or New York Premiere.
9) All films must be a premiere within 30 miles of the venue, winners of festivals, or nominations of festivals.
10) Entry fees are in U.S. dollars, per film entry, and are non-refundable.
11) If you do not want to submit your film through filmfreeway, you may submit your project by sending your information to email@example.com and sending it to the designated mailing address of PO Box 179, Woodbourne, NY, 12788
12) All submitted entry materials will not be returned.
13) A filmmaker with multiple entries (titles) must submit each entry separately.
14) If accepted to CIFF filmmakers will be required to send 3 blu-ray copies to the address listed for the Catskill International Film Festival. Hard copies will not be returned.
15) Anyone who submits a film understands they are in no way entitled to any of the ticket sales, concession sales, merchandise sales, and so forth made at the venue.
16) Films submitted may be spliced by CIFF staff for promotional purposes.