Our goal is to have a safe, interactive, and fun experience for everyone involved so we are excited and proud to announce our second online format to the Catskill International Film Festival (CIFF)! This year's festival will be proof that COVID-19 has not destroyed our enthusiasm or love of the arts. Creative people have used this challenging time to brainstorm, plan, and execute their newest masterpieces in new and unique ways by adapting to the changing world around us. We are eagerly looking forward to sharing these amazing projects with all of you this May!
The Catskill International Film Festival is passionate about promoting quality independent films, television pilots, and screenplays from filmmakers around the world. CIFF is a star-studded affair that celebrates an interactive and contemporary experience which will inspire, challenge, and enlighten viewers and participants alike. Attendees will walk the red carpet, attend after-parties with live entertainment, view award-winning independent films, enjoy a variety of events such as film seminars, and meet with filmmakers, stars, and models during an unforgettable weekend.
The Callicoon Theater and Western Hotel in Callicoon, NY will begin a new chapter for the area and arts community by housing the Catskill International Film Festival. Nestled in the world renowned Catskill Mountains and within driving distance of New York City, the Callicoon Theater is the perfect film venue. CIFF intends to showcase the best talent the Catskills and the world has to offer, these talented artists will be given a platform to gain exposure and the promotion they rightfully deserve while celebrating the arts together and having an incredible time. The Catskills hold a wonderful history with incredible events such as Woodstock among many others and now it brings the Catskill International Film Festival to the world.
(Submission must be paid in full and award recipients must be present virtually during the festival, and available for Q&A, to receive their cash prize)
Best Picture (Feature) - $500 plus trophy and certificate
Best Director (Feature/Short) - $250 plus trophy and certificate
Best Cinematography (Feature/Short/Documentary) - $250 plus trophy and certificate
Best Screenplay (Feature/Short) - $100 plus trophy and certificate
Best Actor (Feature/Short) - $100 plus trophy and certificate
Best Actress (Feature/Short) - $100 plus trophy and certificate
Best Animation - Trophy and certificate
Best Pilot - Trophy and certificate
Best Music Video - Trophy and certificate
Best Ensemble - Trophy and certificate
Best Supporting Actor (Feature/Short) - Trophy and Digital certificate
Best Supporting Actress (Feature/Short) - Trophy and Digital certificate
Best Picture/Audience Choice (Online Poll) - Trophy and Digital certificate
Best Documentary/Audience Choice (Online Poll) - Digital Certificate
Best Comedy/Audience Choice (Online Poll) – Digital Certificate
Best Horror-Sci-Fi/Audience Choice (Online Poll) - Digital Certificate
Best Foreign Language Film/Audience Choice (Online Poll) - Digital Certificate
Best Action Film/Audience Choice (Online Poll) -Digital Certificate
Best Drama/Audience Choice (Online Poll) - Digital Certificate
Best Visual Effects/Audience Choice (Online Poll) - Digital Certificate
1) All films must have completed post production AFTER January 1, 2020.
2) Films must be in English or have English subtitles.
3) Participants who are granted a FEE WAIVER or DISCOUNT are exempt from receiving any CASH PRIZES.
4) ALL FILMS SUBMITTED MUST HAVE PROJECTS DOWNLOADABLE FROM FilmFreeway.
5) All prizes will be distributed to the person who is presented with the award.
6) Submitting filmmakers/individuals will be notified by e-mail on or before May 9th, 2021.
7) All films must be sent with a downloadable link as projects will be screened online.
8) All filmmakers must promote and share their work online.
9) Entry fees are in U.S. dollars, per film entry, and are non-refundable.
10) All films must be submitted through FilmFreeway to be accepted.
11) A filmmaker with multiple entries (titles) must submit each entry separately.
12) Anyone who submits a film understands they are in no way entitled to any of the ticket sales, concession sales, merchandise sales, and so forth made at the venue.
13) Films submitted may be spliced by CIFF staff for promotional purposes.