Buy tickets here for the Boston Thursday April 20th event at Somerville theater, 6-9:30pm.
Currently submitting on this site is open *for Pre-consideration only* for tour next event,, location TBA (either Austin Boston or LA). This will NOT put you in consideration for the Thursday April 20th event, that application is closed.
This made-anytime screening event & job hub is a *local hub* of the
"Top 100 Best Reviewed" Connect Film Festival, with primary screening hubs in Melbourne Australia and Los Angeles and other international pop up events. No made-by date limit for work, narrative feature film samples and narrative short work of all ages are showcased as a sample of your best work of all time!
Boston filmmakers: A filmmaker representative must be present for your film to play.
Outside Boston filmmakers: A video intro may be considered for participation.
Comedies welcome, webisodes welcome, narrative music videos welcome, experimental work with strong narrative elements welcome. Connect welcomes work from active narrative filmmakers.
Location rotates as this is a local screening series for our several international locations + vibrant pop up events.
Submission to the screening series also grants you priority consideration for the larger international festival.
Please note: local work prioritized, though global work will be considered with video intro availability and understanding of the Connect project for special screening. However we urge non-local work to apply to the annual festival at: www.filmfreeway.com/festival/connectfilmfestival
=Feature samples and narrative short films only=
Send us your shortest, send us your best-- narrative work of any age welcome, as long as it reflects the work of active filmmakers.
Each screening is set in a dedicated screening room at a vibrant pub or a theater with pub afterparty-- come enjoy great company, great films, great beer!
Connect with fellow filmmakers and enjoy great local work alongside national and international favorites.
Connect members from 2014-16 include an Academy Award nominated director, members of the team of Mad Max Fury Road, Project Greenlight finalists, multiple film festival directors, and filmmakers who have screened at festivals like Sundance, Slamdance, LA Shorts, Hollyshorts, LA Film Festival, Palm Springs Shorts, SXSW, AFF, etc. We support and encourage each other to make better films, showcase our best and short work of any age, celebrate awards, and share the substance of good films made by collaborative filmmakers.
If Australia or Boston-based, at least one "filmmaker representative" must be in attendance-- they can have worked in any capacity of production or post production. From Actors, to sound department, camera department, makeup, editing, and of course Directors and Producers. Film will only screen with a filmmaker in attendance.
If national or international a "video introduction" and accessibility through the connect email enables direct connection with our local filmmaker's community. Numerous sample videos available on request for selected filmmakers.
Submit, attend, enjoy, connect!
Awards & Prizes
• Official selection laurels
• Membership in Connect Filmmaker groups, active networking
• Connect Filmmakers have collaborated on festival circuit films, successfully referred each other for jobs, and supported each other's careers, as well as being creative collaborators and allies :)
• Alumni benefits: Potential screenings in multiple CFF venues
California (LA) • Australia (Melbourne) • Texas (Austin)
Welcome to our tribe!
Relationship to Connect Film Festival, the international festival:
• 50% discount on submission fee to be considered for the international festival with IMDb listed awards. Sample from our 2015 USA festival:
2016 Festival will occur in Melbourne Australia.
2017 location TBA.
Ongoing screenings in Austin, Melbourne Australia and Los Angeles.
Rules & Terms
MUST INCLUDE A COVER NOTE. Understanding of our community and a desire to partake in our cross-promotion/collaborative filmmaking ethos is a plus.
Pls answer the following:
1) Is your team based in Boston?
2) If so, what members of your filmmaking team will be able to attend the screening Thurs April 20th to represent the film in Q&A? Boston filmmakers have priority screening for the March event.
3) If you are applying from outside of Boston would you like to be considered for the Melbourne Australia, Austin Texas, or Los Angeles events? Are you aware you must send a video intro if selected?
4) Are you familiar with Connect Film Festival and our job-networking/creative hive community element? CFF is our annual festival initiative, a Top 100 Best Reviewed festival with IMDb listed awards: www.filmfreeway.com/festival/connectfilmfestival
Connections to filmmaking organizations we support and festivals where we recruit is also a plus and worth mentioning. These include but are not limited to: Filmmaker's Alliance, Alliance of Women Directors (we like alliances), Sundance Institute and Sundance Film Festival, Director List, Film Fatales, WIMPS, Women in Media, Bluestocking Film Festival, Citizen Jane, Film Independent, Made in Melbourne, West Side Shorts, Comfy Shorts, Final Cut Melbourne, LA Film Festival, Palm Springs Film Festival, LA Shorts, and Hollyshorts.
If selected for screenings you will have to provide:
• Vimeo HD downloadable link. We prefer this in cover note, ready to screen if accepted
• Written acknowledgement of Director permission to screen, regardless of who submitted the film
• Either confirmation of in-person attendance for local filmmakers or willingness to record a Video intro for any filmmakers not able to attend. Dozens of examples available on request.
This is a narrative filmmaker's job hub. Documentaries will not be considered.
=We cannot overemphasize this, we are a community: Noting geographic location and willingness to collaborate on film projects is a plus=
Narrative music videos, commercials, animation, webisodes, or other narrative format films are welcome.
Connect Film Festival Screenings are related to Connect Film Festival, but a separate entity. Selection for a screening enables special consideration for the festival, but does not guarantee acceptance.
The shorter the better. 5 minutes is gold. 10 minutes is grand. 15 minutes is lovely. Longer work viewed with dwindling enthusiasm. Capped at 30 mins.
Feature samples must be submitted as: Feature trailers + samples 5 minutes or less.
Festival-caliber production value is necessary. CFF offers technical awards in sound, post-production, cinematography as well as acting and directing. Every work shown must reflect professional standards. If you have a work that you think may not reflect these standards but are keen to submit, or are an actor or writer looking to network and meet people to create original content, please contact email@example.com Screening is only one of many ways to be involved in the project
More information on Connect Film Festival at: