Raindance Film Festival is pleased to announce the return of the UK’s first independent festival dedicated to web/streaming series. The festival will take place 29th September to the 1st October 2017 during the Raindance Film Festival (20th September to 1st October) at the Vue Cinema in London’s Piccadilly Circus.
The internet and mobile technology have created so many new opportunities for independent filmmakers, and web and mobile series have become the new short form content that creatives and studio executives have started looking at in order to find the next generation of filmmakers and stars.
The first Raindance Web Fest took place in September 2013 and 50 international web series were screened. Many online video and streaming TV industry experts have attended, been on our jury or taken part in our panels and industry events including representatives from:
Zoomin.TV, BBC Comedy, All4, Victorious, Time Inc, BuzzMyVideos, Maker Studios, Yahoo! Entertainment, Channelflip, Endemol Beyond, AOL On, Content Media Group, App Media Network, IWCC, IAWTV, #mashed, Comedy Central, BigBalls Films, TBI, Broadcastnow, Frostbite UK, Wildseed Studios, Little Dot Studios, Facebook, Orama.TV, Tello Films, Dailymotion, Pure Grass Films, Digital Jam, ScreenageRenegade, Digital Creators UK, Th@t Lot; as well as web series and YouTube talent.
Please READ THE RULES for additional information required to complete your submission.
This submission page is for Web Series only. To submit a Feature Film, Short Film or Music Video please submit here: https://filmfreeway.com/festival/Raindance
RAINDANCE MEMBERS GET 50% DISCOUNT
Raindance Members can get 50% off their first submission. If you’re a member and want to submit a web series, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Member Submission’ in the subject line, to receive a discount code. To join Raindance please go to: http://www.raindance.org/premium/
Awards & Prizes
The 2017 Raindance Web Fest Awards will take place at the end of the festival. The categories are:
Best British Series
Best International Series
Best Lead Actor
Best Ensemble Cast
Best Achievement in Production
Raindance Discovery Award
Nominations will be selected from the official selections and announced in mid-August.
Rules & Terms
IMPORTANT: Please include either a YouTube playlist in your submission video on FilmFreeway or links to at least three episodes (with passwords if necessary) in your Cover Letter message.
We are looking for scripted and documentary web series. A qualifying web series must have at least 3 episodes released or ready to view by festival selectors by the time of the submission deadline (this can be behind a password for unreleased episodes). Web Series must have been released after January 1, 2016 to be eligible for Raindance Web Fest 2017. Please get in touch with email@example.com if you have a potential World Premiere available.
Any non-English language web series must have subtitles in English available. If accepted all non-English language web series must have English subtitles on the projection copy.
Note that if you are accepted the screening slot for each Web Series is a maximum of 12 minutes and a minimum of 3 minutes. Selected creators are allowed to either screen episodes with a total running time of no more than 12 minutes or edit an amalgamated episode from their series of up to 12 minutes.
Web Series are projected in the cinema on DCP. Selected entries are required to provide a DCP of the screening copy. If you are selected and cannot supply this let print traffic know if they can accept a high resolution copy of the screening episode(s) either uncompressed or H.264 1080p. A backup Bluray should also be provided if required. Selected entrants are encouraged to check their screening files before sending.
GENERAL RULES REGULATIONS AND PROCEDURES
The 5th Raindance Web Fest will take place in London from 29 September - 1 October 2017.
1. Submission Deadlines - Submissions will be accepted from November 1st 2016. The the final deadline is June 2nd, 2017. Early entry is encouraged but in no way guarantees acceptance.
2. Submission Format - A minimum of 3 episodes must be submitted online. Include a YouTube playlist as your submitted video in FilmFreeway or submit at least 3 episode links (and passwords if relevant) in your Cover Letter message.
3. Submission Eligibility - All submissions must have been completed after 1 January 2016. Works-in-progress are accepted provided the final version is available by the start of the Festival. Web Series that have screened in previous Raindance Web Fests are not eligible in 2017 (this means we are not accepting new seasons of previous official selections in 2017).
4. Premiere Status - No Premiere Stauts, but World Premieres are encouraged to submit. If you are submitting a World Premiere please notify the organisers by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Submission Fee - All FilmFreeway submissions for Raindance are to be paid by credit card. The submission fee is non-refundable.
6. Shipping Your Projection Copy hard drive or disk: Festival Traffic, Raindance Web Fest, 10 Craven Street, London WC2N 5PE United Kingdom. All shipping and postage costs for the package and for all prints, tapes and additional materials sent to and returned from Raindance must be borne by the submitting party. Raindance will not accept Cash On Delivery shipments. Raindance will not absorb any fees incurred in British customs. All charges must be pre-paid. Raindance will not accept packages if customs and delivery fees have not been paid by the submitting party. Submission packages from outside the UK must be labelled 'Trade Sample' on any customs label and, for customs purposes, must be given a value of no more than US$10.
7. Selection of Web Series - Submissions are reviewed and selected under the following criteria: Quality of narrative and production values. Independent nature of the production. Raindance endeavours to complete all selection procedures by 31 August 2017 and inform all submitting parties, in writing, if their film has been successful or not after that time. Successful submissions will receive a Filmmaker Festival Pack that will include important information on shipping the DCP/DVD/BluRay to the Festival, press and publicity, guest accreditation, contact information and how to make the most of participating in the Festival. Projection copies must be received at Raindance no later than TWENTY days prior to its scheduled screening date. A back-up BluRay will be asked as well. The 5th Raindance Web Fest takes place 29 September - 1 October 2017.
8. Festival Screenings and Scheduling Raindance has the capability to screen Digital Cinema Package (DCP). BluRay and DVD will be used as back-up. Please clearly label whether your film is PAL or NTSC. Our facilities do NOT support 35mm, Super 16mm or double-head formats. Our partner cinema uses pin sharp Sony 4K Digital Cinema projection, making DCP screenings look incredible. Raindance aspires to provide the best quality projection possible but will not be held liable for any failure in the technical quality of the projection, nor will fees be refunded in any such case. Raindance assumes that the submitting party or filmmaker(s) or entrant(s) or print source company has insured for damage and loss of the festival print or tape. Screenings are scheduled during the Festival at the discretion of Raindance. Whilst every effort will be made to adhere to the published schedule, Raindance reserves the right to make changes at any time for any reason. Raindance will not be liable for any costs claimed as a result of a change in scheduling. No web series may be withdrawn from the festival programme after its selection.
9. Raindance Web Fest Awards: Nominations will be selected from the official selection. An independent jury will judge the winners from the nominations.