Scena 1 Multimedia announces the first edition of the International Comedy Film Festival.
Elba Comedy Film Festival, which will be a tribute to comedy film genre but, most of all, it will be a point of reference for the new film genre, thanks to the very best of Italian and foreign productions.
A "home" of the authors, directors and actors who engage in general, striving to make an “auteur” cinema, discussing together on the Elba island.
The Film Festival will provide the collaboration of a very qualified jury made up of television and movies celebrities.
The names of the members of the jury will be comunicate to the press at the same time of the selection of the movies and the short films.
The Festival will be divided into two sections, Comedy Film and Comedy Short Film, with the award of two prizes.
Elba Comedy Film Award, with the collaboration of the highly qualified members of the jury, will give a prize to the best movie production among the five best international movies of the last year that stud out and excel for originality, quality and newness.
Elba Comedy Short Award, instead, will be a contest for short films comedy genre production. A selection of the twenty best short films will be chosen to participate at the contest and they will be shown before the main movies.
Awards & Prizes
a) First prize: € 800,00 + plaque.
b) Second prize: € 500,00 + plaque.
c) Third Prize: € 200,00 + plaque.
Rules & Terms
1. Elba Comedy Short Award is open to authors of all nationalities. Each author can submit only one work lasting up to 30 minutes, not including opening titles and closing credits.
2. The competition is free subject to the comedy genre (comedy/satire/surrealistic). It's possibly to participate at the contest either with a traditional short film production or a web series sequels production that does not in any case exceed the total duration of 30 minutes.
3. To enter the competition, each author must send:
a) The APPLICATION FORM (to be downloaded on the website http://www.scena1.it/images/Progetti/ElbaCommedyFilmFestival/SCHEDA%20DI%20ADESIONE-ENTRY%20FORM.pdf ), needs to be fill out in all his parts and signed, in certifying that he holds all the rights to use the movie to know every part of the regulations and accept unconditionally. Send at firstname.lastname@example.org
b) A downloadable copy of the film in video file format of the short exclusively in one of the following formats: MOV, MP4, MPG;
c) The foreigners short films need to have ITALIAN SUBTITLE;
d) The forwarding of the films material needs to be done throw platform FilmFreeway, toghether with all the rest of documentation required.
4. The film material and the application form needs to be forward by 06/30/2017.
5. The organization will have the right of use of the works and other materials submitted (photographs...) solely for purposes related to the event. The holder of the rights to use, by filling the section on the application form, may authorize its use, although not exclusively, in cultural events and not for profit.
6. The application form, duly signed, has an authorization to the processing of personal data, pursuant to Legislative Decree no. 196/2003, from the organization of the Festival. The competitor, in accordance with art. 7 of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003, can obtain the rectification of data or object, to their use, by registered mail with return receipt to be sent to the organization of the Festival.
7. The author is solely responsible for the content of the work.
8. The film festival organisation retains the right to do a pre selection of all the work of art received and it also retains the right to give an X certificate if need it. The selected works will be screened during the festival in the location provided by the organizers.
9. The jury, consisting in maximum expert of the field, will proclaimed the winner of the contest during the final evening of the festival. The names of the winners will be notified in time by the organisation.
10. The Festival will take place from 25 to 30 July 2017 on the Lacona beach, Capoliveri (Elba).
11. Participation in the competition implies full acceptance of these rules. Any case not covered in this announcement, is subject to the decisions taken by the organization.