Zagreb International Film Festival - modern festival organized by young and ambitious moviegoers in order to promote talented filmmakers, composers, photographers, writers, and artists. Of course we will not hide our own desire to grow and compete with the best festivals in the world. It's an honor for us to represent our beautiful and culturally rich country - Croatia. Unfortunately our homeland has not yet managed to stand out with a truly great film festival. We believe that Zagreb can become an important point of the cultural heritage of cinema. Helping each other, we will grow together!
Zagreb International Film Festival has a very modern, and effective structure called as "Season programs". Season programs are devoted into four periods: Autumn, Winter, Spring and Summer. Every period we welcome new participants, that will be compete for season selections, judged by our film experts.
All seasonal official selections are through to the final round of season program, and will compete for season awards. ZIFF will choose winners in all main and technical categories.
Every season program our film experts will choose best works out of all winners in all 12 main categories, that will go through to semi-finals. In two month before annual event, our team will choose 24 finalists, that will have an opportunity to visit beautiful capital city of Croatia - Zagreb, and compete for the win!
After submitting your work, you will get notified about your status in next 48 hours.
All seasonal official selection will receive our unique laurels, promotion on our social medias + invitation to our annual event. All seasonal award winners will receive laurels, digital certificates, and special promotional material on our social medias + annual qualification opportunity.
Annual event will include 24 best works out of all seasonal programs ( 2 in each main category). All annual event winners will be awarded with our special statue, and the cash prize will go to audiences choice.
Best Short Film
Best Feature Film
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Original Screenplay
Best Adapted Screenplay
Best Original Score
Best Music Video
Best Short Documentary
Best Feature Documentary
Best Experimental Film
Best Student Film
Best Director Debut
Best Color Editing
Best Sound Design
Best Original Soundtrack
Best Costume Design
Best Opening Credits
Best Closing Credits
Submission to any of a main categories, automatically considers your work in all technical categories + chosen main category. You can also submit only for technical category.
"ALL CATEGORIES" submission considers your work in all categories, that are available in our festival + you get a free review, that contains more then 1000 symbols.
Rules & Terms
● We accept films of all genres and lengths.
● All Non-English entries must be subtitled in English.
● Provide 3 high-quality film stills and a film poster with your FilmFreeway submission.
● Provide a trailer if you have one.
● ZIFF can use trailer/teaser/film/poster/stills of BTS for promotional purpose (but do not release, under any form or circumstances, the full film).
● Completion Date after January 2016.
● The submitter owns all the rights to the film.
● The submitter cannot withdraw the submission after the official selection announcement.
● Entry fees are non-refundable.
● ZIFF winners that will go into yearly program must send copy of the film without subtitles and .srt file with English subtitles within 2 weeks from official announcement.