Public, Educational, and Government Television (PEG TV) at its Finest!
Awesome Plaque or a Finalist Certificate to show off and recognition at the Philo Festival of Media Arts Award Ceremony, October 2019 in Wyoming, MI.
HOW TO ENTER:
Entries must have been created by Public, Education, and/or Government (PEG) professionals, independent producers, or students.
• Entries must have been aired between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018 on a PEG television channel, or PEG web stream.
• Entries will only be accepted from Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, or Kentucky.
• Entries must be non-commercial.
• Entries must be submitted in one division:
1. Professional: Programs created by employees of community media centers, an employee of another media outlet, or a media related educator.
2. Non-Professional: Programs created by independent community media producer with a non paid crew.
3. Student: Programs created by current students enrolled in primary, secondary or undergraduate schools. Non-students may supervise the production, but the overall direction, control of the production and all technical tasks (camera, directing, editing, sound, etc.) must be performed by the youth involved.
• Submissions entered into the wrong division will not be accepted.
• Each entry must be submitted online via a FilmFreeway.com account.
• Programs may be entered in more than one category, but separate online entry forms must be submitted for each category, and the entry must be re-submitted.
EXCELLENCE AWARDS CRITERIA:
We are awarding top honors at the Philo Festival ceremonies in the following categories:
• Best In Show – Overall amazing program of the year
• Best Series Program – series that stands out
• Excellence Directing – directing that blew you away of a meeting, parade, program etc.
• Excellence in Editing – Program that editing techniques stand out
• Excellence In Animation – Animation that blows you away with creativity and innovation
• George Stoney Community Activism Award –A person or program who campaigns for some kind of social change.
All accepted Philo entries are eligible for nominations. We are asking each judge to nominate no more than 2 entries that you have judged to be eligible for these awards. For example, you may be judging Arts/Cultural Awareness, but an entry may be a great example of top-notch in community activism. Or a newscast might have excellent editing. It's not required you nominate, we leave it to your discretion if you feel it's Excellent! Judging of these nominations are conducted by the Central States Alliance for Community Board Members.