Welcome to the International Motor Film Awards - presented by RED Digital Cinema.
A high profile showcase of talent and the world’s most prestigious celebration and awards night for the automotive film and television industry, the International Motor Film Awards host an exclusive black tie awards and screening event held in central London at the end of the year, recognising directorial and production talent from high end films and commercials, to student and independent productions.
Supported by leading authorities in the automotive sector, and leading brands within the film and television industry, the International Motor Film Awards are the Oscars for the motoring world.
RED Digital Cinema
The Motorsport Collective
Earned the German Oscar for his work on the highly successful German feature film “Abwärts”. A founding member of the German Filmacademy, a registered DOP at Le Centre National du Cinéma et de l’image animée in France, member of the BVK in Germany, the NSC in Holland and a member of the Directors Guild of America.
Maximillion Cooper is an entrepreneur, artist, designer, film maker, creative director, racing driver and is the founder of Gumball 3000. Maximillion’s involvement and interest in the arts and film industry, and direct contact with the automotive world make him the perfect judge, and Gumball 3000 has been a long time supporter of the awards.
Emmy winning director of photography, lighting designer and educator, Bill has been lighting and shooting features, broadcast, corporate and documentaries for 30 years. Supported by top industry companies such as Arri, Kino Flo and Chimera, Bill is recognised as a leading expert in the lighting industry.
Tiff Needell needs little introduction, a legendary name in motoring television. Tiff has a rich history of motorsport in Formula 1, the British Touring Car Championship and the 24 Hours of Le Mans as well as years of television experience as a presenter and journalist for Top Gear and Fifth Gear.
Brenna is a Student Academy Award winning Director and two times International Motor Film Awards winner. Brenna brings outstanding directing talent to the jury, and as a recent graduate an understanding of the student category for our student entrants.
Andy is a Stunt Coordinator and Director responsible for stunts and 2nd unit in movies such as Thor and Planet of the Apes. With a history in racing, Andy specialised in vehicle stunts early in his career, and went on to work as an Assistant Director on more than 70 international movies including the three of the largest James Bond films, The Man With The Golden Gun, The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker.
Jennifer is a professional stunt woman, actress and stunt coordinator. With well over 100 feature film, television and commercial credits, Jennifer is recognised as one of the leading experts in the industry. In addition to her extensive stunt experience, she is an expert in precision driving and riding all types of motorcycles.
President of RED Digital Cinema, Jarred has built the company with Jim Jannard from the start, and with the introduction of the RED ONE in 2006, RED has been at the forefront of the digital cinema revolution for the past decade. Jarred is a motor head himself, as is RED as a company- even their first test of their first prototype was tested at the drag races!
George pioneered the Ultimate Arm which lead him to Academy Awards, Emmys and lifetime achievement awards. Starting out as a grip in the film industry at the young age of 16, his credits now include James Bond, Batman, Avengers, Fast and Furious, Top Gear, The Grand Tour, Fastest Car and Wheelers Dealers to name a few. George is now working as a director, DP, camera op and stunt driver for some of the biggest films and commercials in the world.
Bruce is a stunt coordinator, pyrotechnic and special effects expert, action director and director. With over 300 feature films, documentaries, TV series and commercial credits, Bruce has multiple nominations as Best Action Director at the Hong Kong Film Awards. Bruce was included in Variety's Below the Line Impact Report 2014.
Holder of an Academy Award and BAFTA's Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema Award, Armstrong was named as 'the most prolific stuntman of all time' by the Guinness World Records. A famed stunt coordinator and action unit director, notable for the action sequences of several James Bond films, War of the Worlds, and I Am Legend, Armstrong was also the opening scene director on Terminator 2: Judgment Day.
Colin is a YouTube personality, stuntman, inventor and filmmaker renowned for his crazy inventions and epic projects. From jet-powered go karts and hoverbikes to hot tub BMWs and full size Star Wars vehicles, Colin's YouTube channel has amassed over 10 million subscribers and 1 billion views, all while picking up 5 Guinness World Records!
Jim Dowdall is a stunt coordinator, stunt performer and actor with more than forty years of experience across over 200 film and television titles and over 300 car commercials. His credits include two entries in the Star Wars franchise, eight James Bond films, Indiana Jones and Saving Private Ryan. Jim is also a collector of WW2 military vehicles.
A racing driver and commercial precision driver, Andy has many wins behind him including 24 Hours of Le Mans, 24 Hours of Daytona (3 times) and 12 Hours of Sebring (2 times). Andy was also the driver for the record-setting speed of 304.77mph (490.48 kph) in a Bugatti Chiron, the first hypercar to break the mythical 300mph barrier.
Acclaimed photographer Keith Sutton entered the motorsport photographic industry in 1980 and went on to establish the world’s largest independent motorsport picture agency – Sutton Motorsport Images. As personal photographer for Ayrton Senna, and working alongside virtually every driver and team, Keith is an icon in the F1 world himself.
Andy Harriss is an automotive filming safety consultant with experience supporting three world motorsport championships, over 120 episodes of BBC Top Gear as well as Red Bull and Monster Energy's biggest motorsport events globally. Credits include Mission Impossible, Fast & Furious, Star Wars and Rush as well as over 200 automotive commercials.
Internationally recognised Porsche collector and builder, fashion designer, and star of ‘Urban Outlaw’, Magnus is a motor enthusiast and lover of film- running a film location business alongside his unique Porsche restorations.
Mike Brewer is a well-known motoring television presenter, journalist, producer and campaigner. Known best for Discovery Channel’s Wheeler Dealers, Mike has also presented on shows such as Driven for Channel 4, Deals on Wheels, Pulling Power, Wrecks To Riches, Frontline Battle Machines and Auto Trader.
Al, a co-founder of the awards, is an automotive specialist Director and Director of Photography working exclusively in the automotive industry for some of the fastest and most luxurious brands. He can often be found hanging out of helicopters or Russian Arms.
Vince, a co-founder of the awards, is a Director of Photography that has been shooting feature films, car commercials and high octane motorsport for many years now. Vince is also a member of the jury for the Royal Navy Photographic Awards for the Ministry of Defence.
Best Drama Feature
Best Drama Short
Best Documentary Feature
Best Documentary Short
Best Journalism Film
Best Event Film
Best Commercial Film
Best Independent Film
Best Student Film
Best Creative Film
OFFICIAL NOMINATION FILMS ARE ALSO ELIGIBLE FOR THE TECHNICAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS
GRAND PRIX AWARD
The Grand Prix Award is the most prestigious award of the festival. All films part of the official nomination qualify for consideration for this award. The winner will receive the coveted Golden Conrod trophy.
Films are welcome to be submitted into multiple categories. Students can submit for free into the student category.
NEW for 2020, the Best Independent Film category caters for low budget and independent films.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
I, the submitter, acknowledge and agree as follows:
1. Submissions will not be accepted without agreeing to the International Motor Film Award’s Terms and Conditions.
2. I have the right or authorisation to submit the film to the International Motor Film Awards as my own work or on behalf of the creators, and the production has no litigation or disputes regarding any part of the production, distribution or originality.
3. I give permission for the International Motor Film Awards to use short excerpts of the film for promotional purposes.
4. I give permission for the International Motor Film Awards to use stills, titles and/or information from the film for promotional purposes, online and in any print media or campaigns connected with the International Motor Film Awards. This includes brochures/programmes, printed media magazines/newspapers and online.
5. I give permission for the International Motor Film Awards to screen the film at the awards night.
6. I agree to take on all copyright liability in regard to the submitted film in terms of all music, product and other copyright licensing.
7. I give my permission for the International Motor Film Awards to share my film and any related promotional material, as well as contact information with official International Motor Film Awards sponsor partners unless I specify otherwise.
8. Submission does not guarantee acceptance into the International Motor Film Awards. Those film makers whose films have made official nomination for screening as part of the main awards programme will be informed. The International Motor Film Awards can not be held responsible or liable for losses or damages resulting from failure to screen submissions accepted into the awards programme.
9. Non-English language films are welcomed but must be either subtitled or dubbed.
10. If your film is accepted you will receive two complimentary VIP tickets for the awards evening.
11. The organisers of the International Motor Film Awards reserve the right to make adjustments to the categories to cater for the submissions per season.
12. Each category winner will receive one trophy. In the case that duplicate trophies are required, these can be purchased directly from the International Motor Film Awards.