HIGHLAND PARK INDEPENDENT FILM FESTIVAL (HPIFF) fosters emerging and established filmmakers by providing forums for screening projects, networking with industry professionals and mentoring student filmmakers in Northeast Los Angeles. All films will screen at the historic Highland Theatre on a DCP system.
All filmmakers will be competing for two prestigious awards: Best Cinematography and Best Musical Composition. Other awards include: Best Feature, Best Short, Best Feat Doc, Best Short Doc, & Audience Choice - Best Short
INSTRUCTIONS AND IMPORTANT DATES
- Submissions are open to all filmmakers, topics, and genres. Features are films 60 minutes and up. Shorts are films under 45 minutes.
- Regular deadline submission date is Monday 6/29/20 with a fee of $50 features / $45 student (w/ valid ID); $30 shorts / $25 student (w/ valid ID).
- Final deadline submission date is Monday 7/20/20 with a fee of $55 features / $50 student (w/ valid ID); $35 shorts / $30 student (w/ valid ID).
- Filmmakers can submit more than 1 film.
- If selected exhibition will be through our DCP system. Please provide us with a DCP presentation file and a Pro Res 422 Quicktime back up file. Files must be delivered on a Mac-compatible external hard drive or flash drive and must be received NO LATER than Monday 9/14/20.
- Upload a digital press kit with application. This includes film stills, synopsis, bios, and list of cast/crew.
- Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org