CANADIAN SCREEN AWARD QUALIFYING
* 2023 FESTIVAL & MARKET • HYBRID*
• All films and social events on-site! Conference on-site and online! •
Sept 21-27, 2023
Lunenburg Doc Fest's mission is to entertain, educate, and inspire by showcasing the documentary art form and creating a cultural connection between audiences and artists in the UNESCO World Heritage site of Lunenburg, Nova Scotia.
LDF presents a diverse slate of international documentaries across style, subject, geographic origins, and points of view.
Officially selected films will be showcased on-site. In addition, filmmakers and audience members attending our 2023 festival in person can anticipate an exciting program of special on-site social events by (or on!) the sea.
We are looking forward to once again inviting and supporting your trip to join us on Nova Scotia’s picturesque South Shore for evocative fact-based films, industry workshops and panels, The Dock Market meetings, community events, industry networking harbour cruise (with lobster and local brews), gala, socials, celebrations and more.
THE DOCK MARKET *HYBRID* • • • For filmmakers seeking support, exposure and opportunities for their projects, the The Dock Market 1-to-1 meetings offers a valuable opportunity to meet one-on-one with industry partners and decision-makers.
The Dock Market industry conference also includes Hot Docs Doc Ignite workshops as well as expert-led masterclasses, round tables, and panels. Lunenburg Doc Fest will also host exclusive 'destination' networking events onsite in the beautiful seaside town of UNESCO Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, Canada.
An honorarium will be awarded to each documentary selected for screening at the 10th annual Lunenburg Doc Fest.
LDF offers the following for each feature-length documentary selection:
• Screening fee payable to the film’s Director or Producer or Distributor or to a representative the director authorizes in writing.
• Travel support for one director within Canada/USA, or travel stipend to filmmaker outside of Canada/USA, as arranged by LDF (when possible)
• Airport transfer for one filmmaker from Halifax Stanfield International Airport, Enfield, NS, to Lunenburg, NS, upon request with a two-week advanced notice (when possible)
• Accommodation (1 to 2 nights) for one filmmaker as arranged by LDF (when possible)
• Consideration for juried Awards (International Feature, Canadian Feature, Best Atlantic Filmmaker, Short Film)
• Consideration for the $1000 Audience Award
• One full Industry Pass to all films and The Dock Market
• Filmmaker events including pre-screening introductions, post-screening Q&As as well as industry panels, workshops, round tables, masterclasses, and networking opportunities
• Lunenburg Harbour Sunset Cruise with lobster and local brews for attending filmmakers and industry experts (when possible)
An award will be presented for each of the following categories:
• Best Canadian Feature Documentary ($1000 cash award + trophy)
• Best International Feature Documentary ($1000 cash award + trophy)
• Audience Award ($1000 cash award + trophy)
• Short Film Award (crystal award)
• Atlantic Filmmaker Award (in-kind services award)
• Youth Bursary Award ($1000 cash bursary)
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: Submitting a film constitutes an agreement to provide an exhibition copy for screening if selected.
PREMIERES: The festival considers films that have screened in the country, yet takes previous screening regions and platforms plus filmmaker availability into consideration when making official selections.