LUNENBURG DOC FEST showcases documentary films that entertain, educate and inspire, creating a cultural experience and place of connection between filmmakers and film enthusiasts in the UNESCO World Heritage site of Lunenburg, Nova Scotia.
Join us on the beautiful South Shore for 4 days of evocative fact-based films, industry workshops and panels, The Dock Market, youth programs, community events, industry networking harbour cruise, gala, celebrations and more!
THE DOCK MARKET • • • For filmmakers seeking support, exposure and opportunities for their projects, the The Dock Market 1-to-1 meetings offers a valuable opportunity to meet one-on-one with industry partners and decision-makers.
An honorarium will be awarded to each documentary selected for screening at the fourth annual Lunenburg Doc Fest.
LDF offers the following for each feature-length documentary selection:
• Screening fee payable to the film’s Director or Producer as provided on the Submission Form or to a representative the director authorizes in writing.
• Travel support for one filmmaker within Canada/USA, or travel stipend to filmmaker outside of Canada/USA, as arranged by LDF
• Airport transfer for one filmmaker from Halifax Stanfield International Airport, Enfield, NS, to Lunenburg, NS, upon request with a two-week advanced notice
• Accommodation for one filmmaker as arranged by LDF
• Consideration for the Feature Documentary Jury Award
• Consideration for the Audience Award
• One full Festival Pass and industry access for one attending Director or filmmaker contact as listed on the Submission Form
• Filmmaker events including pre-screening introductions, post-screening Q&As, panels, industry sessions, networking opportunities, and celebrations
• Lunenburg Harbour Sunset Cruise for attending filmmakers and industry experts
An award will be presented for each of the following categories:
• Feature Documentary Award (cash award)
• Audience Award (cash award)
• Short Film Award (crystal award)
• Atlantic Filmmaker Award (in-kind services award)
• Youth Bursary Award (cash bursary)
$500 (Cdn) for International/World premiere
$400 (Cdn) for Canadian premiere
$250 (Cdn) for features (non-premiere)
$50-100 (Cdn) for shorts less than 55 mins
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: All submissions must adhere to the festival's Submission Guidelines at http://lunenburgdocfest.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/2019-Submission-Guidelines.pdf. Submitting a film constitutes an agreement to provide an exhibition copy for screening if selected.
PREMIERES: The festival considers films that have screened in the country, yet does take previous screenings and filmmaker availability into consideration when making official selections.
VOD: Films available through on-demand streaming video services are ineligible for consideration.