LUNENBURG DOC FEST showcases documentary films that entertain, educate and inspire, creating a cultural experience and place of connection between filmmakers and film enthusiasts in the UNESCO World Heritage site of Lunenburg, Nova Scotia.
LDF presents a diverse slate of international short and feature-length documentaries.
*** OUR 2020 FESTIVAL AND CONFERENCE WILL BE 100% ONLINE ***
Normally we'd invite you to join us on the beautiful South Shore for 4 days of evocative fact-based films, industry workshops and panels, The Dock Market, youth programs, community events, industry networking harbour cruise, gala, celebrations and more!
THE DOCK MARKET • • • For filmmakers seeking support, exposure and opportunities for their projects, the The Dock Market 1-to-1 meetings offers a valuable opportunity to meet one-on-one with industry partners and decision-makers.
The Dock Market industry conference also includes Hot Docs Doc Ignite workshops, masterclasses, round tables, panels and exclusive 'destination' networking events.
An honorarium will be awarded to each documentary selected for screening at the 7th annual Lunenburg Doc Fest.
LDF offers the following for each feature-length documentary selection:
*** UPDATE: THERE WILL BE NO ONSITE PROGRAMMING AND THUS NO TRAVEL, ACCOMMODATION, OR CRUISE SUPPORT FOR FILMMAKERS IN 2020 DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS EPIDEMIC ***
• Screening fee payable to the film’s Director or Producer or Distributor as provided on the Submission Form or to a representative the director authorizes in writing.
• Travel support for one director within Canada/USA, or travel stipend to filmmaker outside of Canada/USA, as arranged by LDF
• Airport transfer for one filmmaker from Halifax Stanfield International Airport, Enfield, NS, to Lunenburg, NS, upon request with a two-week advanced notice
• Accommodation (2 nights) for one filmmaker as arranged by LDF
• Consideration for the Feature Documentary Jury Award
• Consideration for the Audience Award
• One full Festival Pass and industry access for one attending Director or filmmaker contact as listed on the Submission Form
• Filmmaker events including pre-screening introductions, post-screening Q&As, panels, industry sessions, networking opportunities, and celebrations
• Lunenburg Harbour Sunset Cruise for attending filmmakers and industry experts
An award will be presented for each of the following categories:
• Feature Documentary Award ($1000 cash award)
• Audience Award ($1000 cash award)
• Short Film Award (crystal award)
• Atlantic Filmmaker Award (in-kind services award)
• Youth Bursary Award ($1000 cash bursary)
$500 (Cdn) for International/World premiere
$400 (Cdn) for Canadian premiere
$250 (Cdn) for features (non-premiere)
$50-100 (Cdn) for shorts less than 55 mins
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: All submissions must adhere to the festival's Submission Guidelines. Submitting a film constitutes an agreement to provide an exhibition copy for screening if selected.
PREMIERES: The festival considers films that have screened in the country, yet does take previous screenings and filmmaker availability into consideration when making official selections.
VOD: Films available through on-demand streaming video services are ineligible for consideration. *** 2020 SUBMISSIONS EXCEPTED DUE TO CORONAVIRUS DISRUPTION ***