CANADIAN SCREEN AWARD QUALIFYING
*** 2021 FESTIVAL AND CONFERENCE • 100% ONLINE • Sept 23-29 ***
LUNENBURG DOC FEST showcases documentary films that entertain, educate and inspire, creating a cultural experience and place of connection between filmmakers and film enthusiasts in the UNESCO World Heritage site of Lunenburg, Nova Scotia.
LDF presents a diverse slate of international documentaries across style, subject, geographic origins and points of view.
While officially selected films will be showcased online, filmmakers and audience members attending our 2021 festival in person can anticipate an exciting program of special onsite social events by (or on!) the sea.
We look forward to a time when we can once again invite you and support your trip to join us on Nova Scotia’s picturesque South Shore for evocative fact-based films, industry workshops and panels, The Dock Market meetings, community events, industry networking harbour cruise (with lobster and local brews), gala, socials, celebrations and more.
THE DOCK MARKET ONLINE • • • For filmmakers seeking support, exposure and opportunities for their projects, the The Dock Market 1-to-1 meetings offers a valuable opportunity to meet one-on-one with industry partners and decision-makers.
The Dock Market industry conference also includes Hot Docs Doc Ignite workshops as well as expert-led masterclasses, round tables, and panels. Should public health guidelines allow, Lunenburg Doc Fest will also host exclusive 'destination' networking events onsite in the beautiful seaside town of UNESCO Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, Canada.
An honorarium will be awarded to each documentary selected for screening at the 8th annual Lunenburg Doc Fest.
LDF offers the following for each feature-length documentary selection:
*** UPDATE: There are no plans for onsite film programming in 2021 and thus no travel, accommodation, or cruise support for filmmakers in 2021 due to the Coronavirus pandemic. ***
• Screening fee payable to the film’s Director or Producer or Distributor or to a representative the director authorizes in writing.
• Travel support for one director within Canada/USA, or travel stipend to filmmaker outside of Canada/USA, as arranged by LDF (when possible)
• Airport transfer for one filmmaker from Halifax Stanfield International Airport, Enfield, NS, to Lunenburg, NS, upon request with a two-week advanced notice (when possible)
• Accommodation (2 nights) for one filmmaker as arranged by LDF (when possible)
• Consideration for the Feature Documentary Jury Award
• Consideration for the Audience Award
• One full Festival Pass and industry access for one attending Director or filmmaker
• Filmmaker events including pre-screening introductions, post-screening Q&As as well as industry panels, workshops, round tables, masterclasses, and networking opportunities
• Lunenburg Harbour Sunset Cruise with lobster and local brews for attending filmmakers and industry experts (when possible)
An award will be presented for each of the following categories:
• Feature Documentary Award ($1000 cash award + trophy)
• Audience Award ($1000 cash award + trophy)
• Short Film Award (crystal award)
• Atlantic Filmmaker Award (in-kind services award)
• Youth Bursary Award ($1000 cash bursary)
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: All submissions must adhere to the festival's Submission Guidelines. Submitting a film constitutes an agreement to provide an exhibition copy for screening if selected.
PREMIERES: The festival considers films that have screened in the country, yet does take previous screening regions and platforms plus filmmaker availability into consideration when making official selections.