Indie Short Fest is an LA-based international film competition with red carpet events at Raleigh Studios in Hollywood, CA.
Every month, Indie Short Fest establishes a comprehensive hierarchy of the most important films in the festival circuit, awarding a considerable number of projects in several different categories.
A monthly breakdown, listed by IMDb, that allows you to be, at the same time, in a traditional annual festival competing for a spot among the world’s best short films of the year to be screened in Hollywood.
Besides the regular screenings and Q&A at one of the most iconic places of Hollywood, Indie Short Fest qualifies directly the monthly top award-winning projects for the 2-day annual event, at the same venue, to celebrate in average over 80 films, the best of the year.
Learn more in http://indieshortfest.com/annual-awards
All entries are judged by a random team of invited experts from academia and film industry against a high standard of merit and a very competitive acceptance rate.
All projects officially selected in each monthly round receive the Indie Short Fest official laurel and the custom certificate of achievement according to their final status in the competition.
At least 3 different judges score the quality and creativity of each entry. The highest rated entries are nominated for the awards of the respective categories and finally the winners are chosen.
Besides the main award for each category, it can be given also Outstanding Achievement Awards and Honorable Mentions.
Also, for each round, Indie Short Fest decides and awards two overall winners (chosen from all categories) as Best Short (spoken in English) and Best Foreign-Language Short, plus 2 special jury mentions (Awards of Excellence).
The awards by category:
Best Indie Short
Best Documentary Short
Best Experimental Short
Best Student Short
Best Animation Short
Best Drama Short
Best Comedy Short
Best Romantic Comedy Short
Best Dark Comedy Short
Best Thriller Short
Best Film Noir Short
Best Mystery Short
Best Action Short
Best Crime Short
Best Fantasy Short
Best Horror Short
Best Sci-Fi Short
Best Western Short
Best Parody Short
Best Children Short
Best Women Short
Best LGBTQ Short
Best Screendance Short
Best Web Series/TV Pilot
Best Web and New Media
Best Music Video
Best Mobile Short
Best Director (Female)
Best Director (Male)
Best First Time Director (Female)
Best First Time Director (Male)
Best Student Director (Female)
Best Student Director (Male)
Best Young Filmmaker (Female)
Best Young Filmmaker (Male)
Best Supporting Actress
Best Supporting Actor
Best Child/Young Actress
Best Child/Young Actor
Best Acting Duo
Best Acting Ensemble
Best Sound Design
Best Sound Mixing
Best Sound Editing
Best Original Score
Best Original Song
Best Original Screenplay
Best Adapted Screenplay
Best Short Script
Best Special FX
Best Visual FX
Best Costume Design
Best Makeup and Hairstyling
Best Special Makeup
Best Production Design
Categories with no submissions meeting the requirements have no awards.
(the traditional annual format)
From the pool of nominees and awards winners of each cycle of 12 monthly rounds, Indie Short Fest shortlists the annual finalists (the top #150 of the year) and decides the 3 top nominations for each of the awardable categories.
All nominated projects are screened at the annual event which closes with the awards ceremony for the best of the year.
All genres are accepted with a maximum length of 60 minutes.
All short scripts should have a maximum of 50 pages.
The films must include English subtitles (unless the spoken language is English).
By submitting the film, the submitter agrees that:
1. Indie Short Fest can use trailer/teaser/film poster/stills or BTS for promotional purpose (but do not release, under any form or circumstances, the full film)
2. Entry fees are non-refundable.
3. The submitter owns all the rights to the film, meaning that the submitted work (i) does not violate or infringe any copyright, patent, privacy right, publicity right, trademark, service mark or any other personal or property right of any person or entity, that (ii) does not constitute or include a defamation of any person or entity, and that (iii) its representatives have paid and will pay in full all license fees, clearance fees, and other obligations, of any kind, arising from or associated with the exhibition of the Film at or in connection with the Festival. Also, that the submitter is duly authorized, on his own behalf and on behalf of all other persons or entities who have any ownership rights or interests (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights) in or relating to the film, to exhibit the film at the Festival.
4. The submitter cannot withdraw the submission after the official selection announcement. If submitter fails the observance of this rule, the festival has the right to proceed with any legal action at its sole discretion.
5. The information about the entries can be disclosed to Indie Short Fest associate film festivals.
For student fees, it is mandatory the student status evidence (e.g copy of student card included in the project).
(i) Indie Short Fest has two associate events only: Independent Shorts Awards and IndieX Film Fest. Any resemblance to other events is purely coincidental. We do not represent or can be represented by any other organization.
(ii) Also, we do not disclose any kind of information with third parties.
(iii) Finally, please be aware that we do not ask for or accept any kind of donations.
Indie Short Fest 2018-2022 © All Rights Reserved
(Last update, May 2022)