We're back! The Flux screening series brings together the creative community to celebrate outstanding short films and music videos from around the globe with wildly inventive filmmaker presentations and performances.
The acclaimed event, running since 2008, is part of the Hammer Museum's free public program series. Flux happens seasonally, three times a year, at the museum's Billy Wilder Theater, one of Los Angeles' most beautiful cinemas.
Past guests have included Michel Gondry, Floria Sigismondi, OK Go, Andreas Nilsson, Hiro Murai, Kyle Cooper, Shepard Fairey, Kirsten Lepore, Encyclopedia Pictura, Miwa Matreyek, Nabil, Jessica Sanders, Martin de Thurah, the Daniels, Ryan Heffington, Chris Milk, Cat Solen, Aaron Rose, Casey Neistat, Carlos Lopez Estrada, Mia Doi Todd, Dugan O'Neal, Keith Schofield among many others.
The Flux Screening Series is non-competitive. It is a unique event that brings together the creative community to celebrate amazing short form films on a huge movie screen. The audience is as cool as our filmmakers, filled with fellow directors, visual artists, musicians, designers and more than a few talent scouts. Careers have been formed at Flux. Spouses have been met. New projects hatched.
• Submissions can be of any genre or category. We love films that mix genres and categories. We are always looking for something innovative that we haven't seen before.
• Films must be submitted via online screener.
• Submissions must be in English or have English subtitles, excepting music videos and films without dialogue.
• Films must have been completed after January 1, 2021.
• Please do not send stills or press kits. If your film is selected we will ask you for promotional materials.