Rhythm & Views celebrates and promotes films with a focus on music. We are interested in stories that are destined to be told because of their compelling, thoughtful and inspirational plots, themes and narratives. We welcome films across all genres: from biopics and documentaries, to musicals, features, shorts - and everything in between.
Rhythm & Views is all about films that inspire, educate and entertain with excellent storytelling, cinematography, style, purpose and art.
You may or may not be the creator of the next Rocket Man, Searching for Sugar Man, or Whitney, but the point is that you have your own story to tell and a vision of how best to tell it. That boldness alone is powerful. Submit your story and allow our audiences to share your journey of inspiration.
The lockdown has been challenging for everyone. Everyone agrees that nothing beats the ambience and healing power of a real life, tangible community get together, like a film screening. But, things being as they are, we're looking to deliver some online 'pop up' screenings, with supported activities like Q&As, performance, spoken word, etc.
When lockdown ends, we welcome the opportunity to screen the films again in live venues, with your permission.
Our short film festival category has screenings and citations for successful festival submitters.
- The Rhythm & Views FF welcomes short film submissions to be shown as part of the R&VFF.
- Any applicant, over the age of 16, can submit film/s to the festival.
- Applicants can submit more than one film for consideration.
- Each submission requires an entry fee, which is non-refundable.
- We will not be able to return any DVD, hard drive, memory stick or any other medium on which film/s are submitted for the festival, under any circumstances, and submitters must agree to accept this.
- All film/s submitted must be the copyright / intellectual property of the filmmaker / submitter.
- No ‘ By Proxy’ submissions will be accepted.
- All submitters/applicants agree to grant the right to use the name, logo, trailer, promo materials, as well as the film content.
- Applicants/submitters must verify that they have rights (under license, if necessary) to any music, audio soundtrack, artwork, footage, archive material, etc. featured in the film submitted.
- R&VFF will not be held responsible for any claims stemming from the failure of the creator/applicant / submitter to obtain the necessary permissions/ rights / clearances for materials submitted for screening.
- We welcome short films with production dates from January 2019.
- Short films should be no more than 20 minutes long.
- When submitting, please indicate the genre of film. If a film is submitted for more than one category, a separate entry must be made/and fee paid.
- If a submitted film is accepted for the R&VFF and chosen for screening, the successful applicant agrees to: (a) the film being screened and (b) agrees that R&VFF and its directors, staff, volunteers, and all its partners and associates, are innocent and non-culpable of any harms or responsibility for any losses, damages, rights, claims and/or actions of any kind in connection with the event, or the screening of the film, or resulting from the acceptance, ownership or use of any prize or citation associated with the film screening and / or the festival.
- Successful applicants may cite R&VFF in any promotion if their film was shortlisted and / or screened.
- R&VFF reserves the right to review and / or amend its terms / conditions / rules / categories, from time to time as deemed necessary or appropriate.
- All terms, conditions, rules, and decisions of the R&V FF panel/s, submission committee, are final.