SOHO Film Fest celebrates the cutting-edge of digital technology while honoring traditional forms of storytelling, encourages new and seasoned filmmakers from here in New York City and around the world to create and send in their fresh and innovative cinematic pieces.
JOIN US FOR THE 12TH EDITION OF SIFFNYC on SEPTEMBER 9, 2021!!
***Due to the national & international crisis of the 2020 pandemic, which has also delayed production for most independent filmmakers, we have deiced to move our dates to the fall of 2021.***
Accepting full-length features, short films and documentaries from professionals and amateurs alike, SIFFNYC will hold screenings, panels and host social events and other networking opportunities for everyone involved. Leading figures from all disciplines of the film industry including distributors and media will be in attendance.
Past attendees and participants of the festival include actors/actresses/writers/directors such as Octavia Spencer, Armand Assante, Pierce Brosnan, Keely Shaye Brosnan, William Sadler, Danny Aiello, Luis Guzman, Dominic Purcell, Danny Aiello, Richard Kind, Frank Vincent, Carrie Preston, Beth Grant, Sean Young, Kevin "Dot Com" Brown, Alysia Reiner, James McCaffrey, Joe D'Onofrio, Kevin Jonas, Margaret Colin, Mark Feuerstein, Lynn Cohen, Charlie Bewley, Luke Guldan, Melissa Archer, Constance Schulman, Yara Martinez, Adam Brody, Josh Lawson, Matthew Daddario, Franky G, Coach Tom Coughlin, Lans Kinsey, Grant Shaud, Spencer Graham, Jessica Hecht, Zach Grenier, Patrick Fischler, Cady McClain, Neal Bledsoe, David Zayas, Michael Imperiolli, Steve Schirripa, Tony Sirico, and Vinny Pastore to name a few. By enticing filmmakers, journalists and cinéastes from the US and across the globe, SOHO Film Fest expects to draw audiences to New York City, known for its artistic community and cultural sophistication, helping boost the profile, the sense of pride, and the economy of the local community and the city itself.
BEST US SHOWCASE FEATURE FILM
BEST WORLD SHOWCASE FEATURE FILM
BEST US SHOWCASE SHORT FILM
BEST WORLD SHOWCASE SHORT FILM
BEST SHORT DOC OR DOCUSERIES
BEST ANIMATED FILM
BEST SHOWCASE SERIES PILOT - Long Form
BEST SHOWCASE SERIES PILOT - Short Form
NYC AUDIENCE AWARD - Short Film or Series Pilot
NYC AUDIENCE AWARD - Exhibition Film
NYC AUDIENCE AWARD - Feature Film
*** NYC ICON AWARD ***
SohoFilmFest will accept films in every genre, on any topic from every country around the world. If needed, films can also be submitted with a hard copy application form. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about an alternative submission method.
The 2021 films will be selected by the festival programmers. All selections will be posted on our site in August 2021.
If a film is accepted, entrants will be solely responsible for delivering their exhibition video materials to and from the festival venue. Complete press kits will be needed as soon after notification as possible in DIGITAL FORMAT. SohoFilmFest cannot be held liable for your exhibition print/video materials which are lost or damaged during shipping. It is the responsibility of the filmmaker to pre-arrange pick up of exhibition copies after its screening. Submission fees are non-refundable.
If your film wins either a Jury or Audience award, you are required to mention this in your posters and other promotional material if and when the film gets distribution.
RULES & REGULATIONS:
SUBMISSION FEES: NON ONLINE Payments in US dollars may be made by check or money order. Checks or money orders in US Dollars only should be made payable to SOHO International Film Festival. International entrants must use an international money order paid in US dollars through a US bank including Canadian entries.
SCREENING REQUIREMENTS: If your film is selected for exhibiton, please be advised that SIFFNYC will require: 1 Bluray or DCP plus DVD for archives. Film Submissions screeners are NON-RETURNABLE. Please DO NOT send original materials. We require archive copies for all films screened at SIFFNYC. Please be prepared to deliver a copy either by DVD, Bluray or Digital File for the archives if accepted for the event.
* Please submit ONE (1) (NTSC) DVD/Bluray clearly labeled with entry number (if online), title, type, email and contact name.
* One (1) Press Kit (DIGITAL) (if available)
* Payment (see Payment & Return).
* PACKAGING - Ship your media in a bubble-pack envelope. Do not use a fiberpack. The festival is NOT RESPONSIBLE for damage to media incurred in shipping.
* COSTS & LABELING - All shipping costs TO and FROM New York City must be PAID FOR BY THE SENDER. All media MUST indicate title, shipper's name, and shipping address. To confirm receipt, please include a self-addressed stamped postcard with your entry.
* We cannot confirm receipt of packages by telephone. DO NOT CALL please email.
* International Entries - All entries from outside the US should be sent via Air Mail Registered, Fed Ex and UPS or by a parcel.
RETURN OF ENTRIES - Submission preview media WILL NOT be returned.
* Films must have been completed within 2 years of festival dates.
* Submission media, completed submission form, and submission fee must be postmarked by specified Early Deadline, Regular Deadline, Late Deadline and received no later than Extended Deadline for each festival season.
* World and US Premieres are not required.
* All films and videos in a language other than English must be subtitled in English for Festival presentation.
* Filmmakers must deliver final format (as indicated) for festival screening. No exceptions will be permitted.
For any other questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Right To Enter:
Entrants warrant that they have the legal right to enter film work to the 2021 SOHO International Film Festival NYC. As the Director/Producer of the Film, entrants have submitted to the Festival, entrants represent and warrant to the Festival that the Film and all parts thereof are original; that the Film does not contravene the rights of any person or entity and that entrants own or control the Film and all parts thereof and have the sole authority to submit the Film to the Festival; the Film entrants submitted to the Festival is not subject to nor threatened by any litigation. Entrants acknowledge that no fiduciary or confidential relationship now exists between the Festival and entrants, and entrants further acknowledge that no such relationship is established by these guidelines, my submission of the Film, or by the Festival’s acceptance, review or retention of the Film.