The Sun Valley Film Festival invites guests to be a part of the legacy of storytellers, artists and filmmakers that have defined the town’s rich cinematic history. From screenings in the snow to an unforgettable reception at Hemingway’s restored hunting lodge, SVFF captures the spirit of a bygone era: one that comes alive for one magical weekend each March as we celebrate the shared wonder of film.
In tandem with the town’s cinematic past, the Festival’s intimate accessibility attracts industry icons who return year after year, creating a community of artists that define the Festival’s unique atmosphere. Festival guests include Hollywood legends such as Gwyneth Paltrow, Clint Eastwood, Jodie Foster, Geena Davis and Oliver Stone as well as avant-garde writers and filmmakers like Stephen Gaghan and Mark and Jay Duplass. With over 4,000 yearly attendees, SVFF is quickly becoming known as the Festival for Filmmakers: a boutique event beloved by film fans and auteurs alike.
The Sun Valley Film Festival is a 501(c)(3) charitable non-profit organization whose mission is to cultivate and promote the art of filmmaking. In the nine years since it was founded, the Festival has proven to be a concierge of opportunity connecting filmmakers with support both financially and through mentorship.
The Audience Award is voted on by movie goers.
PRODUCER’S VISION AWARD
This award recognizes a producer’s ability to keep a dramatic, feature length film in focus during the journey of the project.
ONE IN A MILLION AWARDS
The One in a Million Awards honor feature length stories made for under one million dollars. One narrative and one documentary film are each awarded.
THE SHORTY AWARD
The best short film across all categories.
GEM STATE AWARD
Presented by Festival sponsor Zions Bank, this award recognizes an Idaho filmmaker whose work best reflects the beauty and diversity of the Gem State.
FUTURE FILMMAKER FORUM
Showcases student-made films and encourages students in their craft, storytelling, and self-expression.
• Filmmakers are encouraged to submit as early as possible.
• The Sun Valley Film Festival reserves the right to determine eligibility of any project submitted.
• Features currently available to the public on the internet, DVD, Blu-ray, VOD, that have had significant television play, or currently in wide theatrical release will not accepted.
• Please include FilmFreeway tracking number on all submitted materials.
• All submitted materials become the property of the Sun Valley Film Festival and will not be returned.