The Sun Valley Film Festival invites filmmakers to be a part of the legacy of storytellers, artists and filmmakers that have defined our town’s rich cinematic history.
Attracting industry icons who return year after year, SVFF invites filmmakers to become a part of an ever-expanding network. Past festival guests include Hollywood legends such as Gal Gadot, Clint Eastwood, Jodie Foster, Ethan Hawke, Amy Poehler, and Woody Harrelson as well as avant-garde writers and filmmakers like Eliza Hittman, Shaka King, and The Duplass Brothers. With over 4,000 yearly attendees, SVFF is quickly becoming known as the Festival for Filmmakers: a boutique event beloved by film fans and auteurs alike.
The Sun Valley Film Festival is a 501(c)(3) charitable non-profit organization whose mission is to cultivate and promote the art of filmmaking. In the 12 years since it was founded, the Festival has proven to be a concierge of opportunity connecting filmmakers with support both financially and through mentorship.
BEST NARRATIVE FEATURE
Awarded to the best narrative feature film in the festival.
BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE
Awarded to the best documentary feature film in the festival.
The Audience Award is voted on by movie goers.
ONE IN A MILLION AWARDS
The One in a Million Awards honor feature length stories made for under one million dollars. One narrative and one documentary film are each awarded.
THE SVSHORTY AWARD
The best short film across all categories.
GEM STATE AWARD
This award recognizes an Idaho filmmaker whose work best reflects the beauty and diversity of the Gem State.
• Filmmakers are encouraged to submit as early as possible.
• The Sun Valley Film Festival reserves the right to determine eligibility of any project submitted.
• Features currently available to the public on the internet, DVD, Blu-ray, VOD, that have had significant television play, or currently in wide theatrical release will not accepted.
• Please include FilmFreeway tracking number on all submitted materials.
• All submitted materials become the property of the Sun Valley Film Festival and will not be returned.
IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19
• In order to ensure that we are able to service filmmakers to the best of our ability, we are programming a reduced lineup this 2021 season.
• The festival will not refund submission fees due to event changes incurred by COVID-19. These fees directly support our programming staff, allowing the festival to thoroughly review all films and keep the lights on.