Named for the Father of Documentary Film, we pride ourselves on showing great works from around the world. We are currently renovating our space so please inquire before submitting films.
Pare Lorentz was born next to the Robinson Grand Theatre in Clarksburg, West Virginia where our festival takes place. Over two million dollars have been spent to renovate the 1200 seat theatre that is scheduled to reopen in February, 2017.
Festival Listings of films, venues and times
2015 GENERAL SUBMISSION RULES
1. In order for films to be considered the films must have been completed after January 1, 2015.
2. Only documentary films will be accepted.
3. All non-English films must subtitled or dubbed into English.
4. The film must be submitted on DVD (NTSC), BluRay (NTSC), or by posting to FilmFreeway.com. FilmFreeway via HD upload, Vimeo..
5. The selected films must be available for projection in autoplay DVD or BluRay with no separate soundtrack.
6. A "short" shall be a film of under 30 minutes and a "feature" shall be a film 60 minutes or longer.
7. The submitting person shall be either a producer, director or authorized agent of the film.
8. By submitting the film, the producer or director affirms that the film has all necessary photo, product and music clearances and Pare Lorentz International Film Festival, LLC shall be held harmless for any errors or omissions.
9. Multiple submissions must be submitted individually on separate DVDs and entry forms. Multiple submissions or compilations on DVD are not accepted.
10. Selection to the festival and selection of Award winners shall be determined by the Pare Lorentz International Film Festival’s panel of judges.
11. Other than for Audience Choice Awards, films need not be represented in order to be eligible for Awards. However, those who win Awards and are not in attendance at the Awards Ceremony will be held responsible for the cost of shipping awards.
12. All materials included on entry form checklist and non-refundable entry fee must be submitted to the festival by entry deadlines.
13. Selection to Pare Lorentz International Film Festival will be made by email. Please make certain that we have current email. Always include name of film project in all correspondence.
14. No screeners and submission materials will be returned.
15. If film is selected for Pare Lorentz International Film Festival, film may be shown up to two more times as part of promotion of Pare Lorentz International Film Festival.
16. If selected for the festival, the applicant will provide a digital media kit to the festival no later than April 1, 2015, if no media kit is on FilmFreeway.com. The media kit will include: 50 words or less biography of producer, screenwriter and director; at least one color production photo; news clippings (if applicable). A film trailer is requested for website, FB and Twitter if available.
17. No airfare or lodging for filmmakers will be provided by the festival. Please do not take this as not appreciating filmmakers; we simply do not have the resources to provide airfare or lodging for our filmmakers. Each film selected will receive up to two all-inclusive Filmmaker Passes for use by their representatives attending. These passes are not transferrable. Additional tickets and/or passes may be purchased at special 25% discount.
18. Fees and Deadlines - Fees are non-refundable.
Early: Nov. 1, 2014 Regular: Jan. 1, 2015 Final: Feb. 1, 2015
Feature $50 $60 $70
Short $40 $50 $60
Student $30 $35 $40
*25% discount of non-discounted entry fee if filmed in West Virginia or by a West Virginia resident filmmaker or PLIFF Alumni.
** Students must include a photocopy of his or her student ID and no other discounts will apply.
Discounted projects must be submitted directly instead of through FilmFreeway.com. Discount may be either West Virginia Film or Student or Alumni.(only 1 discount may be applied)
Payments: Through FilmFreeway.com