ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
A warm welcome to the Bright International Film Festival. The BIFF offers more than just a handful of award possibilities. We pride ourselves in providing a wide variety of award opportunities on multiple categories. Not only will filmmakers have a higher chance of landing an award. Films that are selected to screen with us will have the opportunity to opt out of their screening while still maintaining their award/s if there is a conflict with another festival or event. At that point, the next runner up will move in to the screening spot. “Best” films of each category will be guaranteed a screening spot, and will have the opportunity to win our Audience Choice Award. Official selections and honourable mentions will also have the opportunity to win the Audience Choice Award. All winners and finalist will receive official BIFF award certificates.
Here is what we offer you -
- Screening of your film before a live audience in UK.
- Finding an audience that resonates with the idea of film as an art and a platform from which you can get honest and constructive feedback
-The finalists and the winner will get certificates as well as laurels highlighting their achievement
-All selected films will be awarded with our official laurel
We accept submissions exclusively via FilmFreeway. Here's a few rules that we follow.
1. To be considered in the competition, you must enter in at least one Main Category. You can enter in as many categories as you want.
2. Films must have been produced after 1/1/2010
3. There are no restrictions on theme, genre or author. We consider films in any language, from anywhere in the world. If your film is not in English, make sure it has English subtitles where necessary.
4. For student fees (under 18 only), it is mandatory the student status evidence (eg copy of student card included in the project)
5. By submitting your film, you agree that Bright International Film Festival can use parts of your film (including trailer / teaser / film poster) for promotional purposes. A short synopsis and digital still photo is required for all scripts and all entries (except music videos) for the jury, and for our website announcements should you win.
6. Entry fees are non-refundable.
7. Each film will be watched by at least two different panels of judges. You can track the watches on Vimeo tracker if you are using Vimeo. However, we've had cases in which watches weren't recorded correctly, including for some of the films which were accepted. Please note that they are not always reliable.
8. You may submit as many entries as you like. Each entry requires its own entry fee. To submit to one or more sub-category, you need to submit your entry to at least one main category.
9. Reviews and Interviews will be published on our BIFF Festival website which you can use in your Press Kit.
10. Filmmakers must have obtained all clearances for exhibition and must certify that the work is original and no disputes regarding ownership exist with the film.