The Bonavista Film Festival is a new summer celebration of local and international films, hosted in the culturally vibrant town of Bonavista, Newfoundland & Labrador. Join us for our second annual festival July 2020. (Dates are TBC)
Focusing on community and storytelling, the Bonavista Film Festival will showcase emerging and established filmmakers through diverse locally-driven film screenings and special events.
Offering access to independent cinema, Bonavista Film Festival will engage residents, foster new audiences, and inspire the next generation of artists.
Help us expand our province's film industry beyond the Avalon and launch the first professional film festival in outport Newfoundland and Labrador.
• Submission copies must be submitted online only through FilmFreeway or a password-protected Vimeo link. PAL format DVDs/Blu-rays cannot be accepted.
• Submitted films must have a completion date on or after January 1, 2018.
• An English language track or subtitled version is required.
• Submissions will not be processed until the entry fee has been received (no refunds).
• No film, once programmed, can be withdrawn.
• If selected for the Festival, exhibition copies may be sent as high-resolution .mov files. DCP exhibition files may be accepted for feature-films only, with pre-approval by the Festival team. Please contact us to discuss once selected.
• Upon selection, the entrant agrees to allow the Bonavista Film Festival the right to use your film (a clip from it) and publicity materials from your film for promotional purposes in all mediums (print, broadcast, online, etc.)
• All shipping and related costs for exhibition films/videos sent to the Festival must be borne by the owner.
• All entries are viewed and chosen by a Selection Committee.
• To be eligible for the Youth/Student category, the film team must be a majority of students and/or youth (19 years of age and under).
• The Bonavista Film Festival will take place July 2020. Dates are TBC.
• A programming committee consisting of Board representation and invited guest artists and community members will curate all film programming.