The Albuquerque Latino Film Festival. ¡Cine Magnífico! is a great sharing space where to envision the newest films by and about Latinos and the Hispanic cultural background as a symbol of unity, richness and a particular way of life.
Organized by Instituto Cervantes in Albuquerque, ¡Cine Magnífico! offers a variety of films, from award-winning to local and up-and-coming filmmakers. It also provides year round film programming.
The festival selects those films representing the Hispanic characteristics and current topics affecting the countries that share this recognizable identity, focusing on people, landscapes and all the elements shaping this particular worldwide community. This years’ screenings will take place at both the National Hispanic Cultural Center and the Guild Cinema.
Thank you for supporting the Albuquerque Latino Film Festival. ¡Cine Magnífico! Make sure cinema makes you dream big!
1. Films must be from 2018 and 2019. Please send press kits including synopsis and all required information about them.
2. All films must be in Spanish/Portuguese/English and have English subtitles by the moment they are submitted except for those in indigenous language with the purpose of raising awareness about a social subject.
3. No film will be favored over others so the same rules are to be applied.
4. ALFF ¡Cine Magnífico! doesn't waive any entry fees except discounts for local New Mexican films.
5. Films and short films that have been screened on US network, online or cable television or distributed to theaters prior to the festival dates are ineligible.
6. The material must be submitted in streaming within the online FilmFreeway platform or by DVD. We highly recommend the participants to try it out prior to sending and to hand in a hard copy along with the online submission.
7. Those submissions containing inactive links or incorrect passwords will be considered ineligible within a period of 48 hours in case the ALFF ¡Cine Magnífico! contacts the submitter's address to correct it and does not obtain a reply with due information.
8. Films are to be projected on Blu-Ray, DVD or DCP.
9. ALFF ¡Cine Magnífico! reserves the right in its judgment to reject or disqualify any ineligible entries, without the possibility of a refund.
10. Materials offered with the purpose of participating will not be returned under any circumstances.